Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:52 PM   #1
Silver Dragon
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Silver Dragon Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon
The Den is back with a vengeance

I'm sure everyone remembers the Apple Switch parody backgrounds with Dr. Evil, Milton, and the bunch. These images came from silverdragonden.com. A year ago I decided to focus the site on dragons, and that did not turn out like I wanted. I enjoyed the Apple community so much more, so I have gone BACK to the Apple theme.

SilverDragonDen.com is a site for the Apple zealot (really it's for anyone, but we designed it with the zealot in mind). We have a great forums area, parody desktop downloads, IRC (which is coming back online shortly), downloads, etc. The goal of the site is to give a zealot a little more ammunition to work with for the day to day battles.

We went online on the first, so the forums are still a bit bare. In 2 days we have had about 100 new members and over 600 downloads of the parody ads. I hope to see a few of you guys there to help grow the forums into something great. Since we are so new, I do appreciate constructive criticism as I want to make it the best site possible.

Thanks all, I hope you enjoy the now site!

-SD
http://www.silverdragonden.com
Silver Dragon is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2004, 12:11 PM   #2
wdlove
macrumors 604

Very nice Silver Dragon! I like your use of the sky for the background. It's great that you have a countdown clock fo MWSF. Is the countdown clock going to be a permanent feature?
Old Jan 3, 2004, 12:13 PM   #3
Silver Dragon
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Silver Dragon Send a message via AIM to Silver Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by wdlove
Very nice Silver Dragon! I like your use of the sky for the background. It's great that you have a countdown clock fo MWSF. Is the countdown clock going to be a permanent feature?
I kinda like the clock, so yes. I made it so the title of the clock can change on a whim, so I can count down to any Apple event I like.

I will be adding a few different skins, they will look the same but have different background elements. I'm glad you like the sky though

Thanks for the kind comments. I hope to see you around!

-SD
Silver Dragon is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community