Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bullchan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
From the maker of the Crystal Film and the Anti Glare film, Power Support will be releasing its first case for Apple's iPhone 3G.

Pictures are up on their Japanese website. I would assume it'll show up on their US site shortly.

Anyway, here is the link

http://www.pawasapo.co.jp/products/iphone/ppk71.php

Comes in white, clear or black. It also comes with 1 crystal film AND anti glare film.

This is one those super thin case that will not add bulk to the iPhone 3G.

The website is showing JPY 2,280, about $21.31. Not bad.

What do you guys think?

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2008
From the maker of the Crystal Film and the Anti Glare film, Power Support will be releasing its first case for Apple's iPhone 3G.

Pictures are up on their Japanese website. I would assume it'll show up on their US site shortly.

Anyway, here is the link

http://www.pawasapo.co.jp/products/iphone/ppk71.php

Comes in white, clear or black. It also comes with 1 crystal film AND anti glare film.

This is one those super thin case that will not add bulk to the iPhone 3G.

The website is showing JPY 2,280, about $21.31. Not bad.

What do you guys think?

Wow, that looks great. Curious to know how real-life experience is.

GNice

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Definitely looks good. i.e. - shows the beauty of the phone and looks like it adds almost no bulk. I'm primarily interested in a case to prevent scratches, etc. so this would be perfect.

logicpro7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
London UK
I just dont trust those hard cases. I am sure they will scratch the phone, unless there is some sort of clear rubber on the inside of the case to protect it.

Looks very nice though!

aphexii

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2006
Definitely looks good. i.e. - shows the beauty of the phone and looks like it adds almost no bulk. I'm primarily interested in a case to prevent scratches, etc. so this would be perfect.

If anything, its easier to get scratches with a case like that on.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Wow, that is probably the slimest iPhone case I have seen so far. I used to have a clear hard case on my 1G iPhone, but with the dust creeping in, it was anoying to open it and clean it all the time (being that the dust may possible have been able to scratch the chrome). Even an Mac Genius at the apple store didnt recomend the hard cases, however Power Support has created a succesful film, so I expect this to be of equal quality.

All in all, i still see the IS, BG etc, films being the best because they are adhesive and stick to the back without allowing any dust to get in... That being said, if you dont put on the films correctly than you will end up w/ the corners not sticking down and the dust will slip in there (which has happened to me and had really pissed me off)

pitouthestar

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
Is it me or all Japanese websites look ugly ? :D

The case itself seems great though, I'd love to see more photos and a review if it comes out in the rest of the world !

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Here's another problem with these cases: where they come in contact with the iPhone's back, there are nasty-looking lines. Got this pic from a Japanese blog:

Attachments

• page2_blog_entry451_4.jpg
    page2_blog_entry451_4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 654

DanBa

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Here's another problem with these cases: where they come in contact with the iPhone's back, there are nasty-looking lines. Got this pic from a Japanese blog:
Every case, or a lot, or a few?
Thanks.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
one thing i cant stand about these cases is that dust can get in and under the case grinding up against ur iphone dulling up the finish real easily.

It looks good though...but pray u have dust and lint free pockets

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

DanBa said:
Every case, or a lot, or a few?
Thanks.

Well, all the cases have to touch the back of the iPhone somewhere ... ;)

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Any Idea, when will this be available in the US. I've been looking for a simple slim case as this.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I have a standby belkin that sticks. I've been debating between the contour flik untill I saw this. I'm gonna get the clear case
Wish the site was in english and would allow ordering it online.

From what I read elsewhere this is going to be released by next week.

rhs7787

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I have a standby belkin that sticks. I've been debating between the contour flik untill I saw this. I'm gonna get the clear case
Wish the site was in english and would allow ordering it online.

From what I read elsewhere this is going to be released by next week.

Im assuming a release in the U.S.? If you dont mind, where did you hear this?

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Im assuming a release in the U.S.? If you dont mind, where did you hear this?

Excerpt from: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/power-support-japan-debuts-air-jacket-for-iphone-3g/

I tried to order from Japan through Google’s translated service, but didn’t get far. So I sent an email to support, but couldn’t read the first reply. Got an actual answer today. Cool!

From: Customer Service Subject: RE: A new incident has been created!
Date: Aug 8, 2008 3:32 PM

The Air Jacket will be available on our US website at the end of next week and you will be able to order it there.

Power Support USA Inc.
http://www.powersupportusa.com

Posted by Steve on August 8, 2008 at 1:33 PM (PDT)

Hope this helps.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Thanks so much! I went to their US website, and they have a store in Burbank, so I'll be going there once this case is available, to have a look at it in person. :D

If there is a sample for me to play with, I'll take pics and post them here, so everyone can see real-life examples.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.