Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:56 PM   #1
miklewis7
macrumors newbie

Will registering unlocked iphone with itunes lock it again?

Just bought an unlocked and jailbroken 2.0 firmware iphone from the US, on its way to me in Australia, just wondering if when i register it iTunes incase i want to use the apple store, will it lock my iphone back up again?

Thanks
miklewis7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 02:40 PM   #2
elmote
macrumors newbie

will it lock it back?

Yes it will lock it again.
elmote is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2008, 03:48 PM   #3
wrkactjob
Banned

Why will it lock it? I thought registration of the iPhone was just so you can use the apple store?...what clever checks does the registration process carry out on the phone then?
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:12 AM   #4
miklewis7
macrumors newbie

that sucks if it does!! will i not be able to use it with itunes at all then? i suppose it wont be too bad if the cydia (if thats its name??) program on it can access all the same apps?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 08:14 AM   #5
elmote
macrumors newbie

registering unlock

Just to be clear, you can synch with ITunes and buy things, including apps from the ITunes store and it will not re-lock your phone. I may have misinterpreted your question originally. However, if you select update when ITunes says a new software version is available for your ITunes it will lock it again.
elmote is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 01:13 AM   #6
miklewis7
macrumors newbie

oh that should be ok then. basically i was in the apple shop and tried to download a free app to one of the iphones in there, when i put in my itunes username and password it said i only had an itunes account and not an iphone account so i couldnt do it. when i asked a staff member she said i would have to register the iphone to get have my account upgraded, i told her about the phone i'm getting and she said she thought it would lock the phone up if i tried to do that...
Old Aug 2, 2008, 03:42 AM   #7
mac2thefuture
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to mac2thefuture
Dont want to cause any probs for any one but mine didn't lock, just lost installer........

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting