Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
I dont see a TV out section in the new iphone 3g. I was looking to get the cables to hook it to my tv but not sure now.
any advice

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
ah there ya go.cool thanks.Ipod touch has it different.
Does iphone 3g come with cables specific for tv out?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
ah there ya go.cool thanks.Ipod touch has it different.
Does iphone 3g come with cables specific for tv out?

I haven't tried the iPhone yet, but if it's like the iPod you can use any 3-way mini-to-RCA cable, but the colors won't match.

In other words, if you buy the Apple cable then Yellow=Yellow, Red=Red, and White=White. If you buy some other brand the colors are mixed up, but it still works fine. Just move them around until you figure out what's what.

I point it out since the other cables are usually cheaper.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't tried the iPhone yet, but if it's like the iPod you can use any 3-way mini-to-RCA cable, but the colors won't match.

In other words, if you buy the Apple cable then Yellow=Yellow, Red=Red, and White=White. If you buy some other brand the colors are mixed up, but it still works fine. Just move them around until you figure out what's what.

I point it out since the other cables are usually cheaper.

You can't use the old or third party cables. Apple now requires an "authentication chip" on the cable. Your only choice is to go with Apple's overpriced cable.

reddphoenix23

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
Just Purchased AV Component

I just purchased the Apple AV Component for my iPhone 3G. However, I cannot get it to work. I made all the proper connections between the TV and the phone (so I thought :confused:). What could I be doing wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.