Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
My iphone calendar will take things from my iCal with mobileme, but my iCal won't ever get things from my iPhone. Is this set up wrong? Someone should help me because my sister's is doing the same thing, and we're both kinda pissed off about it.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
My iphone calendar will take things from my iCal with mobileme, but my iCal won't ever get things from my iPhone. Is this set up wrong? Someone should help me because my sister's is doing the same thing, and we're both kinda pissed off about it.

Have you tried making changes on MobileMe website and seeing if those appear in iCal? This way we can figure out if the problem is iPhone->Cloud or Cloud->iCal.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin

Have you run a manual sync after updating your calendar on MobileMe or your iPhone? I cannot get push to work from MM->Mac, even though its supposed to. I have to either manually sync or wait for the sync event to occur.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I just made 3 events on the calendar.

iPhone named "Test iphone", iCal named "Test ical", and Me.com named "Test me".

The iCal and Me.com events are both on iCal and Me.com, but the iPhone event isn't on either of them, and neither of them are showing up on the iPhone.

I have Push enabled for Me.com on the iPhone.. usually the events from Me.com and iCal show up on the iPhone but those aren't even showing up now..

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Have you run a manual sync after updating your calendar on MobileMe or your iPhone? I cannot get push to work from MM->Mac, even though its supposed to. I have to either manually sync or wait for the sync event to occur.

I usually force a sync on my computer to get things to show up on iCal.. how do you force a sync on the iPhone?

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I tried putting push off, didn't see a manual sync button anywhere, turned push back on... still not getting things on my iPhone.

dquattlebum

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Sacramento,CA
I've been having problems all day...

If I create a calendar appt or contact on the iphone, it gets pushed up to MM.

If I create the same on MM, it does not go to the iphone.

If I delete something from the iphone, it gets deleted from MM.

If I delete something from MM, it doesn't get deleted from the iphone.

Mail hasn't been pushing either.

I was on a chat with Apple for like 1.5 hours, until they told me they need to escalate the issue to their next level support.

They had me reset the phone to factory and resync like 4 times...

My Exchange Active sync is working flawlessly.

I'm so annoyed, everything was working great ever since the day of release for me... now nothing.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Update: I tried doing the delete the mobileme account from my phone and readd it fix, and I've now lost all contacts and such.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Another update! After restarting my phone a couple times, the calendar has finally synced up :p The stupid contacts, however, are still gone.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
Finally! Turned syncing off for contacts, turned it off, turned it back on, turned syncing on for contacts, went to contacts and waited 30 seconds and they appeared. Looks like it's just super touchy and buggy haha.

dquattlebum

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Sacramento,CA
Well calendar and contacts have all disappeared... i had to restore from a backup I had on my mac... i can't deal with this....

Seriously debating on sticking with MM...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.