Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
OK so my headphone jack is kinda messed up and i do have light leak in the left side of my iphone and i noticed that the right side of my iphone where the chrome meets the glass is raised up a little bit and when i touch the left side it is smooth..so i called and told them my problem they said ok to replacing it BUT.....they have to get my credit/debit card and make a hold on it for 499$!!!!!!!!!!!!! to insure that when i recieve the new iphone i will send it back ...that part sucks i have to talk to my grandparents about letting me use there credit card to do so...but still very happy i will be getting a new one in 2 to 3 business days

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
That is good to hear, I am surprised that they would allow an exchange without actually seeing the device itself. But then again, they have been having so many reoccurring issues on different phones that they figured that it was just a typical problem like that.

Meow???

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2008
That's good to hear. Putting a hold on your credit card is just common procedure. The same thing happened when I was shipped a replacement for my Wii. I was wondering if you could post pics of the replacement packaging. I remember last year they had really professional packaging for replacement iPhones (looked like mini retail iPhone boxes). I'm curious as to how they're treating the 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.