Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Paulyboy
macrumors 6502

Some Apps won't launch on iPod Touch

I have an iPod Touch 8gb with the 2.0 upgrade and suddenly some apps that worked fine yesterday won't work. Tapping on them launches them briefly (although they never fully load) then I'm returned to the homescreen. I downloaded them in iTunes then synced them to the iPod Touch yesterday. Some of the ones I downloaded aren't having this problem.

Restarting and resetting the device hasn't had any effect. I'm thinking I should just delete the troublesome apps from the iPod Touch then re-sync them back onto the iPod Touch from iTunes unless somebody has a better idea or knows why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-PN
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:29 PM   #2
dasikes
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyboy View Post
I have an iPod Touch 8gb with the 2.0 upgrade and suddenly some apps that worked fine yesterday won't work. Tapping on them launches them briefly (although they never fully load) then I'm returned to the homescreen. I downloaded them in iTunes then synced them to the iPod Touch yesterday. Some of the ones I downloaded aren't having this problem.

Restarting and resetting the device hasn't had any effect. I'm thinking I should just delete the troublesome apps from the iPod Touch then re-sync them back onto the iPod Touch from iTunes unless somebody has a better idea or knows why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-PN
What apps?
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 01:23 PM   #3
txhockey9404
macrumors 6502a

Thats what I do. If an app stops working, I delete it and resync it with iTunes. Its a pain in the neck but it works.
txhockey9404 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Paulyboy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasikes View Post
What apps?
Too many apps to list. I downloaded a whole bunch of free apps just to try them out. Off the top of my head three of them were eReader, Google, and Pandora.

-PN
Old Aug 1, 2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Paulyboy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhockey9404 View Post
Thats what I do. If an app stops working, I delete it and resync it with iTunes. Its a pain in the neck but it works.
That's what I'm going to do when I get home. I was hoping for a better solution but some solution is better than no solution at all.

-PN
Old Aug 1, 2008, 06:11 PM   #6
Paulyboy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyboy View Post
That's what I'm going to do when I get home. I was hoping for a better solution but some solution is better than no solution at all.

-PN
It worked.

-PN
Old Aug 1, 2008, 06:58 PM   #7
muldul
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to muldul
Worked for me
iPod Nano 16GB (5th Gen)
muldul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 07:00 PM   #8
HollacoptaPilot
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhockey9404 View Post
I tried that and it still doesn't work. Tap tap revenge doesn't work since the upgrade, the spanish one never worked, and the one that makes me the maddest is the Art of War e-book one that I actually paid for and all that happens when i click it is it shows the book cover and then goes back to the main screen.
HollacoptaPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 02:52 PM   #9
txhockey9404
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollacoptaPilot View Post
I tried that and it still doesn't work. Tap tap revenge doesn't work since the upgrade, the spanish one never worked, and the one that makes me the maddest is the Art of War e-book one that I actually paid for and all that happens when i click it is it shows the book cover and then goes back to the main screen.
You could also write down the names of the apps that will not work at all, then delete them from your iTunes library and folder. Then find those apps and redownload them (you can download paid apps again for free).
txhockey9404 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 01:12 PM   #10
wilfried
macrumors member

I'm also having trouble with eReader. When I try to launch, a blank screen appears for a second, it returns me to the home screen. I've aleady tried to reinstall through iTunes and via wifi with the same result. What else can I do? A few other apps have the same problem, but eReader is the one I care about at the moment. I'm brand new to the iPod Touch, so any other troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.
wilfried is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 01:42 PM   #11
question fear
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to question fear
I had this happen on my iPhone, and oddly what worked was going to the app store and downloading a random app. Somehow then everything else behaved.

This could have been coincidence and not a solution, but if you pick a free app it doesnt cost anything to try it.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 04:13 PM   #12
wilfried
macrumors member

I solved my own problem by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. After I that, all the apps that didn't work, including eReader, did. Hope this helps someone else.
wilfried is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 03:43 PM   #13
TimelessShogun
macrumors newbie

Still no go for me

I have tried all of the above mentioned fixes, and still no launch. the first app to stop working was RDP (remote desk top from Mochasoft) and then i downloaded BPM Tap Tempo and then all of the apps, aside from the default installed app, stopped working. any help?
TimelessShogun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 04:28 PM   #14
Froggy23
macrumors newbie

I too have the same problem. Some apps i've downloaded - some free and some paid - work, but others don't. Some which did work at first now don't work! It seems very random. I have tried all the above fixes, but to no avail.
Any other suggestions?
Froggy23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2009, 04:54 PM   #15
blackbelt534
macrumors regular

holy hell of a bump guys, good job

Last edited by blackbelt534; Mar 13, 2009 at 09:59 PM.
blackbelt534 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2009, 03:11 AM   #16
MacBook MH
macrumors member

Hey guys,
Try updating your iPod touch to a newer version. When u update probably you will see some updates for the apps too. Try installing them, maybe they will work.

Or

Download the iPod reset utility, back up the iPod using iTunes and then reset it. After, load the backup, and the apps might work. My friends accelerometer stopped working, but after reset it started again. iPod Touch has more little glitches and this might be one too.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch