Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 1, 2008, 08:58 PM   #1
bobsugar
macrumors newbie

Stolen computer...can I sync contacts from iphone back into outlook?

My computer was recently stolen and I had to buy a new one. I am not trying to see if there is a way to take my contacts, songs, pictures that are on my iphone and put them onto my new computer.
bobsugar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:14 PM   #2
iVoid
macrumors 65816

Contacts should sync back to the new computer because iTunes will see the 'new' contacts on the phone and not your computer.

For photos and music, you'd have to jailbreak your phone to get access to the filesystem.
iVoid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:23 PM   #3
ivtecDOu
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsugar View Post
My computer was recently stolen and I had to buy a new one. I am not trying to see if there is a way to take my contacts, songs, pictures that are on my iphone and put them onto my new computer.
alrighty then
ivtecDOu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 09:34 AM   #4
russellelly
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVoid View Post
Contacts should sync back to the new computer because iTunes will see the 'new' contacts on the phone and not your computer.
Can anyone confirm this is definitely the case on Mac OS too? I've had to reinstall OSX so don't want to delete all my contacts when I connect to what I'd guess the iPhone will see as a 'new' computer. I can write them all down manually as a last resort, but I'd really rather not!
russellelly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 09:42 AM   #5
mouchoir
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVoid View Post

For photos and music, you'd have to jailbreak your phone to get access to the filesystem.
For photos, iPhoto will see your iPhone as a 'device' and let you import the photos from your iPhone.

And I've not tried, but it may be possible to use a free app like 'senuti' to copy the music from you iPhone back into iTunes, as you can on regular iPods.

So there may not be a need to Jailbreak at all.
mouchoir is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting