Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Meta Squares™ - Added 2nd August

[App Store]

Price: £1.79

Basically, the aim of the game is to capture the largest amount of squares by squaring them off at each of the four corners. Points are earned relative to the size of the square you capture. A large square, covering 25 spaces, is worth 25 points. A smaller square covering 9 spaces is worth 9 points. Squares can also be created diagonally with the added benefit that diagonal squares earn you more points. The first to 150 points, wins.

It really is addictive, I just published a review if anyone is interested.

Anyone tried it?

R-Fly

Attachments

• meta-squares2.jpg
    meta-squares2.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 349

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I used to play the free web version of this game for the iPhone, and LOVED it so much that I had no problem spending $3 to have it native -- which is great, since now I can play it on the subway!

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
i bought it and love it. it's right up there with motionx dice poker for me.

I have to say, I've bought it too, and I"m highly addicted, already.

I used to play the free web version of this game for the iPhone, and LOVED it so much that I had no problem spending $3 to have it native -- which is great, since now I can play it on the subway!

Yeah, I spotted it because I have an eye for graphics. I think the UI on this one, is exceptional.

One of the better applications on the store, anyway ...

I'd never come across the game before, so i reviewed it as a first-time player.

The gameplay is very well thought-out, I thought.

R-Fly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.