Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I recently misplaced my canon charger for my camera, and was curious if the camera charges when connected to the comp through a mini USB. It's connected now and I don't know whether I'm wasting or gaining battery. The lack of a battery indicator on the camera doesn't help either.

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
I recently misplaced my canon charger for my camera, and was curious if the camera charges when connected to the comp through a mini USB. It's connected now and I don't know whether I'm wasting or gaining battery. The lack of a battery indicator on the camera doesn't help either.

ELPHS do not charge through the USB. You need to recharge in the wall-mount charger. For ELPHS, it's easiest to always buy the spare battery. Then, one's always charged while the other shoots.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
No - but that would be a nice feature (note to Canon).

They're smart. This way people lose the wall mount charge (ehm, me) and are forced to buy a new one which cannon probably makes an 800% profit on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.