Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:29 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Will Apple's innovations and influence ever translate into ...

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Will Apple's innovations and influence ever translate into market share?

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 5, 2004, 09:28 AM   #2
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Interesting, but merely a rehash.

The article is an interesting read, but I found no new information in it, just a rehash of existing rumors. My favorite part was the discussion of Apple's huge mindshare (as opposed to market share). I am pleased to hear that Apple has so much influence on the computer industry, despite having such a small market share. As always, be prepared for at least one surprise at the keynote tomorrow.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 01:07 PM   #3
TomSmithMacEd
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to TomSmithMacEd
I hope Steve comes out with something no one is expecting.
http://www.xanga.com/erikmyxter
Looking for a powerbook.
TomSmithMacEd is offline   0
Old Jan 5, 2004, 04:26 PM   #4
pgwalsh
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Yahoo to pgwalsh
Limiting

Apple may innovate, but they also limit their customer base... The article just reiterates the fact that Apple leads the way and continues to deliver new and innovative products into the market. However it points out that they seem to never get past that point. It's similar to the effect of small startup companies. They have great ideas and deliver them, but the CEO's tend to drop the ball when it comes to exploiting the market. Often CEO's in some startups will be replaced with more experienced CEO's that know how to exploit the market. Apple tends to hold their product from full potential. Hopefully they'll come-out with something that's a little more open to drag people from that darkside. A perfect example was Steve Jobs commenting on how they didn't need to make the iPod or iTunes compatible with any other products. That bugs people because it limits their freedom. Clear signs that if given the opportunity Apple would become MS. Sounds ugly, but that's what I gather from what he was saying.
pgwalsh is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion