Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Aug 3, 2008, 04:36 PM   #1
reykjavik
macrumors 6502

Annoying Newb question...I know...I know..

I work really long hours in my new job and simply don't have the time to invest into the learning and researching and trial & error involved in getting this right so I'm throwing this out there in hopes for some compassion and a helpful hand.

I was wondering if someone can simply post a step-by-step for me on how to get my NES emulator working on my Apple TV. I really don't want to have to install Mac OSX and swap drives etc... so if thats involved I guess I'll pass. But if theres a USB way of doing this, and one can post a step by step guide on doing it, I would be greatly appreciative.

I know there are ATV hack sites out there and I have scanned a few of them but none of them are basic enough with easy step by step guides on how to do specific things.
reykjavik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:16 PM   #2
gcmexico
macrumors 6502a

just pass along...it will take hacking to get that on the TV...more than just the USB
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:16 PM   #3
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Hmmm...

I'm going to bet it's going to take a little effort.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 04:18 AM   #4
tronic72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reykjavik View Post
I work really long hours in my new job and simply don't have the time to invest into the learning and researching and trial & error involved in getting this right so I'm throwing this out there in hopes for some compassion and a helpful hand.

I was wondering if someone can simply post a step-by-step for me on how to get my NES emulator working on my Apple TV. I really don't want to have to install Mac OSX and swap drives etc... so if thats involved I guess I'll pass. But if theres a USB way of doing this, and one can post a step by step guide on doing it, I would be greatly appreciative.

I know there are ATV hack sites out there and I have scanned a few of them but none of them are basic enough with easy step by step guides on how to do specific things.
Ahhh, the man who wants to "have his cake and eat it".

You can't hack ANYTHING and expect not to invest time in sorting out bugs. It's the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Sorry to be a "Negative Nelly" (Fred Franders).
tronic72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater