Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:29 PM   #1
jwnulife
macrumors newbie

Shared Folders showing up in Finder!

Can someone please explain to me why someone else's shared folder will occassionally pop up in my finder? I have file sharing turned off and bluetooth preferences off. Does this mean they have their preferences turned on? If so does that mean I can access their computer but they cannot access mine?
jwnulife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:40 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
They are sharing their folders and Bonjour is displaying them. I'm not sure where it is, but I believe there is a preference to prevent the automatic mounting of these folders. And yes, you are not sharing folders if your preferences are off.

TEG
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:46 PM   #3
jwnulife
macrumors newbie

thanks. I just enabled stealth mode in my firewall preferences as well. Couldn't find out how to prevent the folders from mounting. As long as nobody can share my files, I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it?
jwnulife is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro