Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vayalaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Hi,

I just purchased and activated a 3G iphone. I am unable to transfer contacts from my old iphone. My computer shows that the old iphone is backed up but I dont know how to transfer contacts to my new one. Please help. Thanks.

VA

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
Hi,

I just purchased and activated a 3G iphone. I am unable to transfer contacts from my old iphone. My computer shows that the old iphone is backed up but I dont know how to transfer contacts to my new one. Please help. Thanks.

VA

Sync your contacts to your computer with your old one. Then sync your contacts from your computer to your new iPhone.

RobLikesBrunch

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Here's an easier way:

Just copy all your contacts to your sim card (you need to explore settings on your phone, there's almost always an option to copy all your contacts to your sim), then slot that into the iPhone, go to settings --> address book --> copy all contacts from sim.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Hi,

VA
Connect the 3G iPhone to your computer then click restore in iTunes. It will restore everything that was on your old iPhone.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Also if you upgrade your old phone to 2.0 and back it up, I think you can restore the stuff to the new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.