Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twocargar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I was getting ready to sell my AppleDesign Speakers on eBay and was shocked to see a pair that just sold for $355! Sorry, I don't have the link anymore.

Someone on another board alerted me that he had sold his for over $90! Anyone had a similar experience?

Now my wife wants me to price check all my Apple stuff to see what I can get for them. I love that stuff too much, so I think it's just my speakers for now. :eek:

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
The rarest ones are the black Apple Design II in black.
actually the black ones are the most common. they are listed more frequently on ebay and sell for a lot less than the original.

i payed $90 for the appledesign powered speakers that are in new condition. although it was a steal, i wouldn't pay more than $30 for a used set.

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
I don't get it. Other then the fact they have the pretty Apple Logo on them, what is so special about them that makes them worth $90? I did some brief research, but they don't appear to offer anything new that a different set of today would offer.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I have a pair of "off white" Apple Bose Roomate speakers that were sold for the Apple IIgs in the 80's. They still work great and are in good condition. Are they worth anything?

mactarkus

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2003
Florida
Rare Bose Roommate Speakers

I bet you could get a lot for those speakers as they are pretty rare these days. I have never seen them on eBay in the 10 years I've been watching the auctions. They might have missed my eye, but I wouldn't have missed very many of them though.

I have a pair of "off white" Apple Bose Roomate speakers that were sold for the Apple IIgs in the 80's. They still work great and are in good condition. Are they worth anything?

Cash King

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2014
AppleDesign Powered Speakers II 2

Old thread but time for a bump.

I have two boxed complete and brand new sets in slate grey. Any one intrested? I just listed one set on ebay.

Cash King

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2014
Very much, how much including shipping to Ireland?

We could go thru ebay to protect us both i am inrolled in the global shipping program there and it makes international selling / shipping easy.

Here is the item number on ebay: 271438023924 feel free to make me an offer.

The other set i have the outer box has a little damage. I can send photos. I am a little more negotiable on the price of that set. Still brand new and complete but box has some minor creases

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.