Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
Hey,

I have an iPhone 3G running 2.0 software. When I'm on Fido's 3G network only (Edge and WiFi are ok). It happens at random (could be any site), but fairly often. Sometimes I'll need to click a link 5+ times before it works.

I have restarted my iPhone, cleared the history, cache and cookies, toggled 3G on/off, went into airplane mode and back, tried it in different physical locations, but I keep getting the same error.

Any idea if this is a Fido issue or should I contact Apple? Will 2.1 fix the problem? I haven't upgraded yet, was planning on it tonight.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 302error.jpg
    302error.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 204

Carsick

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2008
I've been having the same problem today and i'm on rogers. just got off the phone with rogers and they couldn't fix it. the guy told me he's been getting calls about the same errors all day..so its obviously a network issue best to just wait it out.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
I got off the phone with Fido. The 3G network's data layer is basically down. I hate to say, I told you so but this type of thing could happen locally if everyone was downloading really heavily.

I also found out that I did not do anything wrong as far as Fido is concerned with respect to my testing of the Netshare application. The app probably got pulled because of AT&T and Apple panicked by pulling it everywhere.

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I have been having this ever since 2.01... I restored the iPhone and it still did not help. I then took the sim card out and put it in my 1st gen iPhone......the same problem. So it has to be Rogers. I talked to the "Rogers iPhone support team" No help. They had no clue. So I phoned Apple and got to a level 2 product support guy that had no clue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.