Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I have some requests I would like to address, but cannot find a direct link to contact the people who are responsible for developing this app. It's decent but can be a whole lot better and I would like to talk to them directly with my ideas and suggestions.

For starters I would like to see:

- Support of multiple accounts
- A dedicated startup/login screen
- A way for us to select a picture to use for each user in our buddylist
- Push support (A DEFINITE MUST)
- Landscape support
- A way to turn off vibration w/o turning off the sound and vice versa
- A way to select different alert tones
- Fix the annoying nicknames being displaying inconsistantly from the different views. I set nicknames for all my friends on the list, however when viewing the list under the last tab (IM's) it doesn't display the nickname but their actual screennames instead.

Please add all this and it will be real good to go!

nfg315

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
NYC
- i believe there is a login screen, and you can log out by going to My Info
- push support won't come until that push cloud thing comes in sept.
- if you set a different picture on your computer, does it sync to the phone?
- you can turn off sounds and have vibrate only
- i agree with you on the inconsistent nicknames things

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
- i believe there is a login screen, and you can log out by going to My Info
- push support won't come until that push cloud thing comes in sept.
- if you set a different picture on your computer, does it sync to the phone?
- you can turn off sounds and have vibrate only
- i agree with you on the inconsistent nicknames things

I'm talking about pictures for my buddies, not mines, and also I want to be able to have sound on w/o the vibration. I don't think that's possible.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I would just like it to run in the background. Everything else i can deal with.

RITZFit

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Just around the river bend
After about 5 min of chatting, messages from other people start to back up (this is all on wifi). like, there will be a good solid 1-2 min of inactivity, then suddenly a flood of previously sent messages comes across...kinda irritating.

I wish there was a way select your status (such as invisible or away) before the program signs you on.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
-Link support. My friends always send me links in IM's and I cant open them, and without copy and paste, I am helpless. Even beejive and flickIM had link support.

- Away/Available status arent consistant. I will set myself as away, and then when i go home and open AIM back up, im available.

To not be so negative:

If you have aim open, and then lock your phone, without going to your home screen, AIM will continue to recieve IMs and you will recieve notifications while it is locked. However, i dont know how long this stays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.