Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 6, 2008, 03:22 AM   #1
mrat93
macrumors 65816
 
mrat93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via AIM to mrat93
iPod Touch Gen 2 at WalMart?

It probably just means it includes the January update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	128505  
__________________
iPhone 4S 64gb White
Late 2011 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz i7, Hi-Res Antiglare
mrat93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:17 AM   #2
Pixellated
macrumors 65816
 
Pixellated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dartford, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrat93 View Post
It probably just means it includes the January update.
GEN 2 = 2.0. You answered your own question.
__________________
16GB iPhone 4 S⃣ ; 27" iMac 12GB RAM i5 2.7 GHz; 16GB iPad 2
Pixellated is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:39 AM   #3
4DThinker
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
You were right. It had the January update, at least 1.1.4, but won't have 2.0 on it. I turned one on and checked.
__________________
Visit my blog!

Last edited by 4DThinker; Aug 6, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
4DThinker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:47 AM   #4
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Let's face facts: Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. aren't going to have new iPod Touch's available in store or in their ads before we hear about them.
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:49 AM   #5
iwuzbord
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York City
Send a message via AIM to iwuzbord
lol, you guys are right. and besides, apple hasnt started shipping ipod touch(es?) with 2.0 software yet.
__________________
13.3" White Macbook, 2.4GHz (osx +(xp and ubuntu running under virtual box), 2GB Ram, 160GB; 30GB iPod Video
iwuzbord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Apple Ink
macrumors 68000
 
Apple Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I saw something similar with BestBuy here!
__________________
Either we're alone in the universe or we aren't. Both are equally terrifying..
- Arthur C. Clarke
Apple Ink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 09:00 AM   #7
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Ink View Post
I saw something similar with BestBuy here!
I remember that, and exact same situation: Best Buy wouldn't hear or receive new Touch's before we hear about them.
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 09:17 AM   #8
copydeskcat
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwuzbord View Post
lol, you guys are right. and besides, apple hasnt started shipping ipod touch(es?) with 2.0 software yet.
And they won't be.
copydeskcat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 09:18 AM   #9
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by copydeskcat View Post
And they won't be.
Ever? Why do you say that?
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:16 AM   #10
iOrlando
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
haha I LOVE IT..

everyone always has to drop their prices in order to sell in Walmart because walmart wants them too. When walmart says jump...everyone says how high. But with apple..that ipod touch is a whole 2 dollars cheaper and i bet you walmart had to drop it themselves. haha its great.
iOrlando is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:36 AM   #11
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOrlando View Post
haha I LOVE IT..

everyone always has to drop their prices in order to sell in Walmart because walmart wants them too. When walmart says jump...everyone says how high. But with apple..that ipod touch is a whole 2 dollars cheaper and i bet you walmart had to drop it themselves. haha its great.
Haha. It's true.
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:48 PM   #12
devobail
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOrlando View Post
haha I LOVE IT..

everyone always has to drop their prices in order to sell in Walmart because walmart wants them too. When walmart says jump...everyone says how high. But with apple..that ipod touch is a whole 2 dollars cheaper and i bet you walmart had to drop it themselves. haha its great.
Youre kidding yourself if you think Walmart doesnt punk Apple just like they do every one else. I guarantee that two dollers came off of Apples end and not Walmarts. You dont mess with the "Worlds Largest Retailer" not even if your Apple. Apple needs Walmart a hell of alot more then Walmart needs Apple.

You guys kill me with this Apple worship.
devobail is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:54 PM   #13
Sdashiki
macrumors 68040
 
Sdashiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Behind the lens
Quote:
Originally Posted by devobail View Post
Youre kidding yourself if you think Walmart doesnt punk Apple just like they do every one else. I guarantee that two dollers came off of Apples end and not Walmarts. You dont mess with the "Worlds Largest Retailer" not even if your Apple. Apple needs Walmart a hell of alot more then Walmart needs Apple.

You guys kill me with this Apple worship.
I beg to differ. Apple does not need anyone to sell their stuff. People who carry it do so because they know Apple items make money.

IDK, but I just dont see why apple NEEDS Walmart in the same way Colgate, Coke and Hanes NEEDS walmart.
__________________
The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.
- B. F. Skinner

Like Polaroid?
Sdashiki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:58 PM   #14
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdashiki View Post
I beg to differ. Apple does not need anyone to sell their stuff. People who carry it do so because they know Apple items make money.

IDK, but I just dont see why apple NEEDS Walmart in the same way Colgate, Coke and Hanes NEEDS walmart.
I agree. The price difference merely reflects WalMart's attempts at staying lowest prices. Apple product prices are as firm as they get. Target, Wal-Mart and every retailer do what they can to appear cheaper.
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:00 PM   #15
DeaconGraves
macrumors 65816
 
DeaconGraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by devobail View Post
Youre kidding yourself if you think Walmart doesnt punk Apple just like they do every one else. I guarantee that two dollers came off of Apples end and not Walmarts. You dont mess with the "Worlds Largest Retailer" not even if your Apple. Apple needs Walmart a hell of alot more then Walmart needs Apple.

You guys kill me with this Apple worship.
And you kill me with your Walmart worship?
__________________
iMac 3.1 GHz Core i5
32 GB iPhone 4s
64 GB iPad
DeaconGraves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:02 PM   #16
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by devobail View Post
Youre kidding yourself if you think Walmart doesnt punk Apple just like they do every one else. I guarantee that two dollers came off of Apples end and not Walmarts. You dont mess with the "Worlds Largest Retailer" not even if your Apple. Apple needs Walmart a hell of alot more then Walmart needs Apple.

You guys kill me with this Apple worship.
Just because some of us dislike WalMart doesn't mean we worship Apple. It means we have common sense.

We don't have to "Think Different" to think
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3

Last edited by dasikes; Aug 6, 2008 at 01:20 PM.
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:13 PM   #17
devobail
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasikes View Post
I agree. The price difference merely reflects WalMart's attempts at staying lowest prices. Apple product prices are as firm as they get. Target, Wal-Mart and every retailer do what they can to appear cheaper.
Believe that if you want. Read up a little on Walmarts business practices, then maybe you'll see. You cant truly believe Walmart pays a "firm" price for anything, let alone an expensive so called luxery item like an Ipod. Apple needs places like walmart to reach the masses, the mother or grandma that on a whim decides to pick up that cool new ipod for little billy. Walmart sells a ton more ipods then the Apple store does and probably most other retailers. So dont for a second think that Apple can do without places like Walmart
devobail is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:17 PM   #18
DeaconGraves
macrumors 65816
 
DeaconGraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasikes View Post
Just because some of us dislike WalMart doesn't mean we worship Apple. It means we have common sense.

We don't have to "Think Different" to think
You misunderstood me, I was just shocked of someone defending Walmart.
__________________
iMac 3.1 GHz Core i5
32 GB iPhone 4s
64 GB iPad
DeaconGraves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:18 PM   #19
devobail
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconGraves View Post
And you kill me with your Walmart worship?
Actually I hate Walmart, they're mostly non-union, and there business practices are driving smaller mom and pop stores out of business. I was just pointing out the FACT that no company not even the great Apple gets into Walmart without taking a loss, however small it may be.
devobail is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:19 PM   #20
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconGraves
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasikes View Post
Just because some of us dislike WalMart doesn't mean we worship Apple. It means we have common sense.

We don't have to "Think Different" to think
You misunderstood me, I was just shocked of someone defending Walmart.
I was agreeing with you. I just should have quoted the post we were against instead of yours. Sorry!
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:19 PM   #21
DeaconGraves
macrumors 65816
 
DeaconGraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by devobail View Post
Actually I hate Walmart, they're mostly non-union, and there business practices are driving smaller mom and pop stores out of business. I was just pointing out the FACT that no company not even the great Apple gets into Walmart without taking a loss, however small it may be.
Gotcha. I just got scared there for a minute.
__________________
iMac 3.1 GHz Core i5
32 GB iPhone 4s
64 GB iPad
DeaconGraves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:21 PM   #22
dasikes
macrumors 6502a
 
dasikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to dasikes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconGraves View Post
Gotcha. I just got scared there for a minute.
yeah. I'd hate to think someone thought I was defending Wal-Mart, too!
__________________
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.4GHz - 2GB - OSX 10.5.X
iPhone 3G - White 16GB
FCS2 AECS3
dasikes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 01:31 PM   #23
iOrlando
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Well lets ask Steve about this one, since obviously we are all guessing about the true relationship between apple and walmart and hes the one that probably personnally oversaw the walmart issue.

I still stand by my claim that Apple doesnt need Walmart. If you go to any store's website (including Walmart) you will see the prices are not lower than at Apple's store (maybe minus $1.73 or something). Yes apple might have bulk shipping prices, but that would be for every store, not just walmart. Also, if you look at walmart, they are throwing extra stuff at you such as walmart gift cards when you buy an ipod..which is telling me they obviously couldnt beat the price of other stores so they are trying to bribe you with gift cards.

This "power" that walmart has over apple..I am just not seeing it..but again..we need to ask Steve to reach the truth.
iOrlando is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:05 PM   #24
mrat93
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
mrat93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via AIM to mrat93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixellated View Post
GEN 2 = 2.0. You answered your own question.
iPod touch doesn't come with 2.0.
__________________
iPhone 4S 64gb White
Late 2011 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz i7, Hi-Res Antiglare
mrat93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:27 PM   #25
OffBrand
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2008
A $400 item knocked down to $397? HOT DAMN, what a deal!! Seriously, I think Wal-Mart's pricing is intended to have some psychological affect on shoppers. A sticker price of $1.96 looks a lot cheaper compared to $2.00 even if there's barely much of a difference.
OffBrand is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac untethered jailbreak for iPod Touch 1st gen on 3.1.3 ? hyperipod iPod touch Hacks 4 Mar 23, 2011 08:29 AM
iPod touch 2nd gen screen flickers after iOS 4.2 jailbreak celticpride678 iPod touch Hacks 2 Nov 10, 2010 10:38 PM
Any iPod Touch 4th cases at Walmart? classie787 iPod touch Accessories 4 Oct 24, 2010 11:19 AM
Issue wih Jailbreaking iPod touch Gen.2 Firmware 2.2.1 tehjailbreak iPod touch Hacks 1 May 2, 2010 05:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC