Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:23 PM   #1
bob vansteel
macrumors regular

how long does shipping take?

OK, so I'm going to order a new iMac soon, I have to sell my laptop to get it, and I need my new iMac within 7 days after I buy it. How long does the standard free shipping take? Can I pay extra to get it delivered within 1-2 buisness days(1-2 days after the initial shipment that is)? (if it matters, my imac will be bto)
bob vansteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:40 PM   #2
zackkmac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vansteel View Post
OK, so I'm going to order a new iMac soon, I have to sell my laptop to get it, and I need my new iMac within 7 days after I buy it. How long does the standard free shipping take? Can I pay extra to get it delivered within 1-2 buisness days(1-2 days after the initial shipment that is)? (if it matters, my imac will be bto)
You can get 2-3 day shipping for extra, it was $33 for me. Here, ground shipping takes 3-4 days to deliver, instead of the stated 5-7 days but that probably varies by area. The expedited took 2 days for me to get it. If you order a BTO on a Monday, and use expedited shipping, there is a chance you'll get it that week. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!
zackkmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:51 PM   #3
bob vansteel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackkmac View Post
You can get 2-3 day shipping for extra, it was $33 for me. Here, ground shipping takes 3-4 days to deliver, instead of the stated 5-7 days but that probably varies by area. The expedited took 2 days for me to get it. If you order a BTO on a Monday, and use expedited shipping, there is a chance you'll get it that week. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I was just worried, because the last time i ordered from the online apple store(my ipod touch)it took well past four weeks to arrive at my house!
bob vansteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 03:25 PM   #4
zackkmac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vansteel View Post
Thanks! I was just worried, because the last time i ordered from the online apple store(my ipod touch)it took well past four weeks to arrive at my house!
Whoa! I wanted to buy mine online when they released, but there are very few Mac users where I live, so not too many people at all knew about the new iPods, so I bought mine at Circuit City. If they would have built an Apple Store here it'd be great, as I had to wait for my iMac to come in.
zackkmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac