Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:23 PM   #1
bob vansteel
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
how long does shipping take?

OK, so I'm going to order a new iMac soon, I have to sell my laptop to get it, and I need my new iMac within 7 days after I buy it. How long does the standard free shipping take? Can I pay extra to get it delivered within 1-2 buisness days(1-2 days after the initial shipment that is)? (if it matters, my imac will be bto)
bob vansteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:40 PM   #2
zackkmac
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tulsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vansteel View Post
OK, so I'm going to order a new iMac soon, I have to sell my laptop to get it, and I need my new iMac within 7 days after I buy it. How long does the standard free shipping take? Can I pay extra to get it delivered within 1-2 buisness days(1-2 days after the initial shipment that is)? (if it matters, my imac will be bto)
You can get 2-3 day shipping for extra, it was $33 for me. Here, ground shipping takes 3-4 days to deliver, instead of the stated 5-7 days but that probably varies by area. The expedited took 2 days for me to get it. If you order a BTO on a Monday, and use expedited shipping, there is a chance you'll get it that week. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!
__________________
13" MacBook Pro Retina 2.6GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
13" MacBook Pro 2.5GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold, iPad Air 2 64GB Gold
zackkmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:51 PM   #3
bob vansteel
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackkmac View Post
You can get 2-3 day shipping for extra, it was $33 for me. Here, ground shipping takes 3-4 days to deliver, instead of the stated 5-7 days but that probably varies by area. The expedited took 2 days for me to get it. If you order a BTO on a Monday, and use expedited shipping, there is a chance you'll get it that week. Just my opinion. Hope that helps!
Thanks! I was just worried, because the last time i ordered from the online apple store(my ipod touch)it took well past four weeks to arrive at my house!
bob vansteel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 04:25 PM   #4
zackkmac
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tulsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vansteel View Post
Thanks! I was just worried, because the last time i ordered from the online apple store(my ipod touch)it took well past four weeks to arrive at my house!
Whoa! I wanted to buy mine online when they released, but there are very few Mac users where I live, so not too many people at all knew about the new iPods, so I bought mine at Circuit City. If they would have built an Apple Store here it'd be great, as I had to wait for my iMac to come in.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro Retina 2.6GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
13" MacBook Pro 2.5GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold, iPad Air 2 64GB Gold
zackkmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long will iPhone 5s shipping take?? ethanlee iPhone 26 Sep 20, 2013 03:30 AM
How long will iPhone 5S shipping take? Harvey Specter iPhone 2 Sep 13, 2013 09:09 PM
Has there ever been a shipping window this long on an Apple product? greenbreadmmm iMac 1 Feb 6, 2013 08:34 PM
How Long Did Shipping Route from China take? jreale05 iPhone 3 Sep 22, 2012 01:29 PM
How long before shipping for rMBP hits 24 hours? Aldon Buying Tips and Advice 4 Aug 5, 2012 03:05 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC