Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:34 PM   #1
ladyhrvy
macrumors member

How to send a fax

Already tried to send a fax following "Help" but it isn't working for me. Seems like there are some things left out or are not pertaining to the process any longer. Can someone walk me through this, please? Thanks heaps.

Marie
ladyhrvy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:29 PM   #2
raquiros
macrumors member

Would you tell us the steps you followed? on which one you get stucked? did you get an error message?

You can try this application as well:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8172/pagesender
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:59 PM   #3
ladyhrvy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquiros View Post
Would you tell us the steps you followed? on which one you get stucked? did you get an error message?

You can try this application as well:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8172/pagesender
I get as far as the window that has the box for the "To" -and I enter the phone # but the other options do not allow me to do anything. This is a .doc I scanned so it is a .jpg file that I am trying to send as a pdf so I may be messing up right there. First time to try to fax but I'd really like to do this ASAP because there is a time urgency. No error message.

Thanks for helping.

Marie
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:33 AM   #4
raquiros
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhrvy View Post
I get as far as the window that has the box for the "To" -and I enter the phone # but the other options do not allow me to do anything. This is a .doc I scanned so it is a .jpg file that I am trying to send as a pdf so I may be messing up right there. First time to try to fax but I'd really like to do this ASAP because there is a time urgency. No error message.

Thanks for helping.

Marie
Ok, so did you check that the fax you added to the "Printers & Fax" is working ok? does it shows Idle?

As far as I know all you have to do once you checked the fax status is to click print.... then PDF & Fax and finally type the phone number in the "To" field..... you shouldn't need to enter anything else... so you can safely choose to send fax after setting the phone number...

Please let me know...
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:48 AM   #5
ladyhrvy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquiros View Post
Ok, so did you check that the fax you added to the "Printers & Fax" is working ok? does it shows Idle?

As far as I know all you have to do once you checked the fax status is to click print.... then PDF & Fax and finally type the phone number in the "To" field..... you shouldn't need to enter anything else... so you can safely choose to send fax after setting the phone number...

Please let me know...
I got the jpg changed to a pdf file. "Printers and Fax" does not show "Idle". Tried to configue the modem -- that goes to a "Fax List" that will not accept the pdf doc.Using ATT's modem so it has to be idiot here - after20+ years on Macs I still have a lot to learn! Thanks for trying.

Marie
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:51 AM   #6
ladyhrvy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhrvy View Post
I got the jpg changed to a pdf file. "Printers and Fax" does not show "Idle". Tried to configue the modem -- that goes to a "Fax List" that will not accept the pdf doc.Using ATT's modem so it has to be idiot here - after20+ years on Macs I still have a lot to learn! Thanks for trying.

Marie
CORRECTION - it DOES show "Idle" when in the Print window.
Marie

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro