Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Gonzo75
macrumors newbie

Streaming Web Audio - KNBR.com (for you Bay Area folks)

This is probably a long shot but I've been searching around the web for something that will let me listen to KNBR's audio stream over my iPhone. The stream is a Windows Media stream and I've been looking for possible work arounds (i.e. Orb), but haven't found anything that would work.

I know the iPhone won't do Windows Media stream, but is there a work around to this?
Gonzo75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:39 AM   #2
ViRGE
macrumors member

Pipe the stream in to a computer running Winamp with the Shoutcast broadcast plugin, and then pipe that in to a Shoutcast server (either on the same computer or on another one). Then tune in to the stream with Tuner. Streaming from a residential network may not be as stable though.
ViRGE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:23 AM   #3
bigmouth
macrumors 6502

Why won't Orb work? I could swear I've streamed asx using Orb. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before Tuner supports asx streams.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:22 PM   #4
wooo
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
Why won't Orb work? I could swear I've streamed asx using Orb. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before Tuner supports asx streams.
ooTunes Radio wil play KNBR and thousands of others
Old May 14, 2009, 04:59 PM   #5
jcb10
macrumors regular

WunderRadio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo75 View Post
... I've been searching around the web for something that will let me listen to KNBR's audio stream over my iPhone.
The Wunderradio application has a KNBR stream. I listen to the Krukow/Kuiper Giants interview most mornings on it. Unfortunately, the app ain't free, but it is a good one.
jcb10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 12:45 AM   #6
BrunoMac
macrumors regular

I have looked for this exact station and have not found it please keep me updated!!
BrunoMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:34 PM   #7
omaroserna
macrumors newbie

Not sure if everyone found their answer to this post, but I found a a great app called ooTunes that streams a lot of radio stations including KNBR. The cost however is $3.99 which is well worth it IMO.
omaroserna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:05 PM   #8
bigmouth
macrumors 6502

Fstream is free. If you know how to program your own streams, that's a viable alternative. Otherwise, I agree with the WunderRadio suggestion.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:01 PM   #9
iWally
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmouth View Post
Fstream is free. If you know how to program your own streams, that's a viable alternative. Otherwise, I agree with the WunderRadio suggestion.
Fstream worked! You can get the link info for KNBR here-

http://www.knbr.com/ListenNow/Stream...7/Default.aspx
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:41 PM   #10
VeNoMiZeD
macrumors 6502

Has anybody figured this out to work during Giants games? I would love to stream music to my Iphone 4 white the giants are playing but according to the KNBR website MLB doesn't allow Giants game to be streamed while they're playing. Thanks for any help!
VeNoMiZeD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:45 PM   #11
iceterminal
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post
Has anybody figured this out to work during Giants games? I would love to stream music to my Iphone 4 white the giants are playing but according to the KNBR website MLB doesn't allow Giants game to be streamed while they're playing. Thanks for any help!
2008? Really? Wow.
Try this
http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 04:56 PM   #12
VeNoMiZeD
macrumors 6502

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't used the search function, lol. Anyhow, I got it to work and I'm fully aware of the paid app but not looking to pay $$$. Thanks anyhow!
VeNoMiZeD is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone