Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bikerman22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
when you click on the apple icon in the top left corner then "about this mac", my macbook pro doesnt have the startup disk displayed and all the pitures of this screen that i have seen do. the pictures show the processor, memory, startup disk, then more info, but mine skips startup disk and goes from memory to more info. im sure this isnt a problem but im super paranoid considering this is the most expensive thing ive ever owned and was just wondering the reason for this. thanks for any help

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
when you click on the apple icon in the top left corner then "about this mac", my macbook pro doesnt have the startup disk displayed and all the pitures of this screen that i have seen do. the pictures show the processor, memory, startup disk, then more info, but mine skips startup disk and goes from memory to more info. im sure this isnt a problem but im super paranoid considering this is the most expensive thing ive ever owned and was just wondering the reason for this. thanks for any help

Actually, this means the next time you reboot, your computer will be unbootable. Sorry, man, you're gonna need a new computer.

Not really, sorry, I'm not sure. Probably nothing to worry about, though, as long as it boots.

Edit 2: Wait, yes it does.

Edit 3: Go to System preferences, then Startup disc, then click "Macintosh HD." Check it again afterwards.

atluten

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
You'll only see that startup disk option if there is a network attached or some HD other than the one in your computer that is attached. Thus, it gives you the option of booting from another source. If nothing else is attached, the OS won't display that option in the menu. Here is a screenshot of my computer so you can rest easy. Cheers.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 72
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.