Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Aug 8, 2008, 04:22 AM   #1
FlintAlt2
macrumors regular

Mighty Mouse Middle Button.

Ok so I bought my iMac ( first Mac ) Back at the end of June and received it on July 7th.

I love it.

Only 1 problem. The Mighty Mouse. The right clicks only register like 70% of the time and the scroll wheel gets stuck like every 1 or 2 hours of use. I live in Spain where its hot and I have sweaty hands. Thus meaning I get a lot of dirt on my might mouse even If I wash my hands repeatedly 20 times a day.

My middle button now broke because I used the technique of using a piece of paper, holding the mouse upside down and "rolling" it several times to clean out the mess. I've had to do this at least 3 times a day. Now the middle button doesn't work. It just gets registered as a right click. Makes a weird sound when I roll the ball upwards.

Ok so analysis over my Mighty Mouse is ********.

Thing is should I get another mouse or replace it with another Mighty Mouse. I love the Mighty Mouse but its really not practical.

Any help?

Cheers
FlintAlt2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 05:06 AM   #2
tri3limited
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to tri3limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintAlt2 View Post
I love the Mighty Mouse but its really not practical.
Does that help?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:06 AM   #3
signatus
macrumors member

Don't know exactly where you live in Spain, but down here in Andalusia, by far the hottest part of Spain, we don't have that "sweat" problem that broke your MM: we use air conditioning
No more jokes now. Tell Apple about your problems with the Mighty Mouse because maybe it has some defect. It's weird it broke after only a month use. IMHO, the Mighty Mouse looks stunning and works smooth. The best mouse I ever had. I love it.
signatus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:13 AM   #4
FlintAlt2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by signatus View Post
Don't know exactly where you live in Spain, but down here in Andalusia, by far the hottest part of Spain, we don't have that "sweat" problem that broke your MM: we use air conditioning
No more jokes now. Tell Apple about your problems with the Mighty Mouse because maybe it has some defect. It's weird it broke after only a month use. IMHO, the Mighty Mouse looks stunning and works smooth. The best mouse I ever had. I love it.
I live Near Sotogrande in the Campo. its about 42 degrees. I have no air conditioning in my campo house .

I love it too but it broke by me cleaning it to often. I had to clean it or it wouldn't scroll. So either I have it not scrolling or I wear the thing out crazy.

... I love my Mighty Mouse though.

Anyone know if Apple is in the works of a new Mouse?
FlintAlt2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:13 AM   #5
atluten
macrumors 6502

Quote:
The right clicks only register like 70% of the time and the scroll wheel gets stuck like every 1 or 2 hours of use.
There is a trick to getting right clicks to register properly. When you do the click, make sure you're index finger is not resting on the left side of the mouse. I guess when Apple designed the mouse they just assumed that most people raise their index finger when they right-click. Cheers.
atluten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:26 AM   #6
signatus
macrumors member

Quote:
I live Near Sotogrande in the Campo. its about 42 degrees. I have no air conditioning in my campo house .
Wow. Nice place. Well, very very nice place. You're just lucky of living there... except for the air conditioning. In other parts of the world, air conditioning is a luxury; in Andalusia it is a need.
signatus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:10 AM   #7
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by signatus View Post
+1 I second that. Although I bought the wireless bluetooth version, it's still the same thing. But go contact Apple, it's a product defect.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals