Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
say you order online..a macbook with applecare... how do you know you actually have applecare? Is it tied to your name? or do you need an actual slip of paper that says this computer has applecare.

AboveTheChaos

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008

You know, it was nice to read your post. I've been really disillusioned lately with Macrumors because it used to be a great, friendly site folks could come to and talk about Apple stuff. Lately it seems almost every thread is full of arrogance, anger and down right rudeness. Most people are too busy telling others why they're wrong and stupid, or my favorite "just search". Here you actually didn't do that and even put in the link for the OP. It sounds corny but I appreciated that.

max1018

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2007
You'll know you have AppleCare because you ordered it, idiot.

Nah, I'm kidding :D but I have to agree, people can be a little rude lately.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Once it is registered, Apple will sent you a letter with the Serial number of the computer along with the Registration number for the Applecare. With the letter is a the terms and conditions of your Applecare coverage. It usually takes a few weeks to receive this from Apple.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You know, it was nice to read your post. I've been really disillusioned lately with Macrumors because it used to be a great, friendly site folks could come to and talk about Apple stuff. Lately it seems almost every thread is full of arrogance, anger and down right rudeness. Most people are too busy telling others why they're wrong and stupid, or my favorite "just search". Here you actually didn't do that and even put in the link for the OP. It sounds corny but I appreciated that.

Piss off. :D ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.