Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Okay, locate me used to work VERY well with 2.0 update...

After updating to 2.0.1, locate me just keeps spinning and spinning, and spinning...

This is with location service enabled.

It used to detect my house very well, but after this update, it just keeps spinning, so it's the problem with the software, not skyhook...

any solutions?

RobMtl007

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
So will a patch fix be available soon

Greetings:

I see that many have the same problem with the Locate me feature.

Does anyone know if Apple will have a patch fix available soon.

If it worked with firmware 2.00, then it should work with 2.01.

Also can I go back to Firmware 2.00, can I reinstall firmware 2.00?

Is there a link somewhere for Firmware 2.00?

Regards Robert

RobMtl007

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Problem has been solved

Greetings:

Looks like the problem has been solved in a post on YouTube.

Here is the video link: Please give RubyRube10465 a good rating

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1vLGq3wiY

Regards Robert

Greetings:

I see that many have the same problem with the Locate me feature.

Does anyone know if Apple will have a patch fix available soon.

If it worked with firmware 2.00, then it should work with 2.01.

Also can I go back to Firmware 2.00, can I reinstall firmware 2.00?

Is there a link somewhere for Firmware 2.00?

Regards Robert

prisonbusdaad

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
didn't work for me

This process did not work for me. But doing a restore in itunes seemed to do the trick!:)

nui246

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2008
locate me on ipod touch

At first, following the directions on the video did not work for me but then I turned off my ipod after I turned off wifi and 'my location'. I waited about 2 minutes and then turned them all on again:)

seeny

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
every touch forum has a thread like this, my touch sometimes finds my location (home) in 3sec’s other time it just searches and searches, don’t think it’d the touch itself maybe it something to do with google maps

skeptic27

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2008
skyhook's fault?

every touch forum has a thread like this, my touch sometimes finds my location (home) in 3sec’s other time it just searches and searches, don’t think it’d the touch itself maybe it something to do with google maps

I downloaded skyhook's loki from their website a while back, it's like locate me but for your computer and it used to work just fine with my macbook (not that I ever actually felt the need to use it as more than a toy to impress friends), today I tried getting my current location with my iPod and it failed, immediately I tried with my macbook and it failed too..

I have a feeling you're right and it is just skyhook.. yesterday my ipod found me several times and today at the same locations nothing.... I turned it off, turned location services on and off... you're probably right.. it may just be skyhook, I'm attaching the message I got from skyhook.

I'd never gotten an error message before, so it may not be bad firmware after all..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.