Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zblaxberg

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
So I have a circle and I have text on the path of the circle, I want it above and below, so far I have text above but when I put text below, it's upside down because it's wrapping "around" the circle. I was text around the bottom of the circle too but I don't want it upside down. How can I fix this?

jerryrock

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Amsterdam, NY
Move or flip text along a path

Select the type object.
A bracket appears at the beginning of the type, at the end of the path, and at the midpoint between the start and end brackets.
Position the pointer over the type’s center bracket until a small icon appears next to the pointer .
Do one of the following:

To move text along the path, drag the center bracket along the path. Hold down Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS) to prevent the type from flipping to the other side of the path.

To flip the direction of text along a path, drag the bracket across the path. Alternatively, choose Type > Type On A Path > Type On A Path Options, select Flip, and click OK.

To move type across a path without changing the direction of the type, use the Baseline Shift option in the Character panel. For example, if you created type that runs from left to right across the top of a circle, you can enter a negative number in the Baseline Shift text box to drop the type so that it flows inside the top of the circle.

zblaxberg

Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Move or flip text along a path

Select the type object.
A bracket appears at the beginning of the type, at the end of the path, and at the midpoint between the start and end brackets.
Position the pointer over the type’s center bracket until a small icon appears next to the pointer .
Do one of the following:

To move text along the path, drag the center bracket along the path. Hold down Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac OS) to prevent the type from flipping to the other side of the path.

To flip the direction of text along a path, drag the bracket across the path. Alternatively, choose Type > Type On A Path > Type On A Path Options, select Flip, and click OK.

To move type across a path without changing the direction of the type, use the Baseline Shift option in the Character panel. For example, if you created type that runs from left to right across the top of a circle, you can enter a negative number in the Baseline Shift text box to drop the type so that it flows inside the top of the circle.

Thank you that's what I needed. I haven't used illustrator in a long time.

buzlink

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2004
Kansas
I'm trying to use the type on path tool as well.
What if I can't get my cursor to select any of the text on the path?
I have a cursor that will move in-between text but I can get it to select the actual word or anything of that sort.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.