Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:31 PM   #1
mtgred
macrumors newbie

Change the app name ?

After creating an project with a certain name I realized it is too long. Is there a way to change it without having to recreate a new project ?

I am also curious if it is possible to change the name of an application already published on the App store.

Does anyone know ?
mtgred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Sbrocket
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgred View Post
After creating an project with a certain name I realized it is too long. Is there a way to change it without having to recreate a new project ?

I am also curious if it is possible to change the name of an application already published on the App store.

Does anyone know ?
You can change the executable name without creating a whole new project, though renaming the project itself is usually harder than you want to attempt. Just to rename the built executable is easy though - change the target name and the "Product Name" field in your target options to your new name.

You can't change the name of the executable once it has already been submitted to the App Store for approval or has already been posted. You can change the name of the app on the App Store itself, but modifying the name of the actual app when it is installed would mean modifying the executable.

Unibody MBP 15" | 2.53GHz | 4GB DDR3 | 320GB @ 7200RPM
Sbrocket is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 03:35 PM   #3
mtgred
macrumors newbie

My app has a much better name now.

Thanks a lot for the info.
mtgred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:47 PM   #4
xilus
macrumors newbie

Changing Executable name

If you already released an iphone app,
is it OK to change the name of the executable for an update?
xilus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming