Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews

Old Jan 7, 2004, 02:09 PM   #1
rlhubley
macrumors member

sweet bag, sweet price

I shopped around quite a bit for an affordable laptop bag for my new g4 iBook 12". I was also looking for the bag to come with a removable sleeve for those times when an entire bag is not needed. Most of the bags that meet this criteria are between $60 and $180. I did not have the cash to support that kind of purchase.

I stumbled across a $60 backpack style bag from Belkin called the Freeport II. It has many pockets, very well padded, and includes a sleeve. $60 still seemed high. HOWEVER, www.buy.com, had this bag for $35 and some change. They also had "budget shipping" for no cost, plus no tax charges. I received mine in 2 days(lucky me!!) and am very happy. The sleeve is couple of inches too wide, but otherwise fits fine. The bag seems quite durable and offers plenty of padding and cool features.

For those that are interested in a backpack bag for a laptop up to 15", I HIGHLY reccomend this bag.
rlhubley is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Product Recommendations/Reviews