Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dellius

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
Recommend me an application to help me manage my movies collection, please.

I have 147 movies stored on my drive and I need an application which can index them and organize them into a catalogue.

I have looked for such a program on Mac Update, Version Tracker, Softpedia, CNet, Download.com and Google with limited success.

Recommend me such a program, please.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I realize this has been mentioned twice, but let me say...

I use iTunes to organize my movie collection, well over 400 movies. I can use the apple+i to change the album art, genre, title, and all other info. The problem is, if it's not encoded using itunes settings to begin with, iTunes, when you cnange any info re-encodes this info into the movie file itself. This can take a quite a lot of time. I suggest, if you go this route, highlighting all 'Action' movies, and then assigning them the 'Action' Genre, and then walking away for a bit while it plugs away at the files. It really is a nice way to organize them, easy to search, and easy to use...free and built in.

Brian

Recommend me an application to help me manage my movies collection, please.

I have 147 movies stored on my drive and I need an application which can index them and organize them into a catalogue.

I have looked for such a program on Mac Update, Version Tracker, Softpedia, CNet, Download.com and Google with limited success.

Recommend me such a program, please.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
I realize this has been mentioned twice, but let me say...

I use iTunes to organize my movie collection, well over 400 movies. I can use the apple+i to change the album art, genre, title, and all other info. The problem is, if it's not encoded using itunes settings to begin with, iTunes, when you cnange any info re-encodes this info into the movie file itself. This can take a quite a lot of time. I suggest, if you go this route, highlighting all 'Action' movies, and then assigning them the 'Action' Genre, and then walking away for a bit while it plugs away at the files. It really is a nice way to organize them, easy to search, and easy to use...free and built in.

Brian

with a mac you can just drag them in and it seems to work fine

(Converter gives you a bit better quality on the full screen as apposed to iPod)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.