Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
hi just bought a macbook.
wondering which web browser is the best.

opera? firefox? safari?

i use opera and firefox on the pc.....and very happy with them. they have good reputations for security and speed and functionality.

thanks

ps. ive heard ebay dont work properly with safari. thats not good.

is safari just a gimmick, or a real serious browser?

mrwizardno2

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
Columbus, OH
hi just bought a macbook.
wondering which web browser is the best.

opera? firefox? safari?

i use opera and firefox on the pc.....and very happy with them. they have good reputations for security and speed and functionality.

thanks

ps. ive heard ebay dont work properly with safari. thats not good.

is safari just a gimmick, or a real serious browser?

I use safari daily. With eScam, as well... when I'm forced to. There is no other browser installed on my machine, and I'd not have it any other way.

Firefox is my browser of choice on Weindoze, but I'm a Safari purist on the Mac.

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
I prefer Firefox on my PCs and my Macs. I sometimes use Safari. Rarely use MSIE. I even have an old version of Netscape that I use maybe once a month.

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
safari dont look good..........
ive been looking at leopard...........and it all looks like itunes..............zzzz

not the best look.............

to be fair.........

and safari.....what a rubbbish name........sounds like a zoo or somthing.......

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I used Safari on Leopard since I've had Leopard, but recently switched to Firefox as it's much faster, and oddly enough doesn't crash as much. I can and do use both. Firefox it is for me at the moment, though it could switch easily.

Again as has been mentioned, a quick search will show you many, many threads on this topic. :)

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
Opera is the greatest web browser on the face of the earth, and there is no web browser better than Opera. There are plenty of threads about this already, so you should search, but Opera is the best Browser for any OS.

By the way, you shouldn't judge an App based on its name...if you don't like seeing "Safari," just rename it. Also, a safari is an expedition where you observe animals or hunt them, not a zoo.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I like safari i find it faster, smoother and less cluttered..... even though i was very impressed with firefox 3.... any versions before that were horrible.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
For me I have used Safari and Firefox and I have to choose Safari as the best of those two.

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Opera is the greatest web browser on the face of the earth, and there is no web browser better than Opera. There are plenty of threads about this already, so you should search, but Opera is the best Browser for any OS.

By the way, you shouldn't judge an App based on its name...if you don't like seeing "Safari," just rename it. Also, a safari is an expedition where you observe animals or hunt them, not a zoo.

safari = zoo = lol
what a rubbish name
it looks like itunes = lol

yeah i use opera.....its nice.

windows xp will always be my baby.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
I use Firefox... it's fast enough and it's got brilliant add-ons I don't want to miss.

Some swear by Camino, it's advertised as the Firefox for Mac, but I could never warm up to it. Give it a try if you wish.

Me personally, I strongly recommend Firefox.

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
You are a troll

safari = zoo = lol
what a rubbish name
it looks like itunes = lol

yeah i use opera.....its nice.

windows xp will always be my baby.

If Windows is your baby, what are you doing on a Mac forum?
You sound like a 12 year old.

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
ok, so why do you have a mac, you have interesting punctuation btw.

i bought a mac today.........cause im not comfortabel sitting infront of my pc desktop..........and ive had years of pc related problems with music apps and other stuff. ..........i wanna try the mac platform. for music apps and for portablility.

i have interesting punctuation? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.