Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jan 7, 2004, 08:30 PM   #1
Ja Di ksw
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Ja Di ksw
hysterical, apparently apple = satan

Gotta love crazy, paranoid religious people. As far as I know, this site is trying to be serious, though I wouldn't be surprised if someone showed that it was just a really elaborate prank.

Anyway, apparently Apple promotes "Godless Darwinism and Communism." Worse, it tries to brainwash unsuspecting switchers into worshipping satan! You guys should read this, its really, really funny to think people are this . . . . well, you just have to read it.

http://objective.jesussave.us/propaganda.html

Scroll through the PBS or whatever stuff, its not far down, has a big "Apple Macintosh" heading
Old Jan 7, 2004, 08:52 PM   #2
Sayhey
macrumors 68000

Quote:
They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism.

But is this really such a shock? Lets look for a moment at Apple Computers. Founded by long haired hippies, this company has consistently supported 60's counter-cultural "values". But there are even darker undertones to this company than most are aware of. Consider the name of the company and its logo: an apple with a bite taken out of it. This is clearly a reference to the Fall, when Adam and Eve were tempted with an apple by the serpent. It is now Apple Computers offering us temptation, thereby aligning themselves with the forces of darkness.

All right, who told?!!
Sayhey is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:01 PM   #3
Macmaniac
macrumors 68040

Location: A tiny spec in the "Garden State", 1 square mile in area, somewhere on the outskirts of town by the railroad tracks
This is called having way too much extra time. People need to get a life, why not help the poor instead of relating Apple to Satan.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:09 PM   #4
latergator116
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to latergator116
I wonder if this was because apple priced the apple 1 at $666?
latergator116 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:13 PM   #5
Independence
macrumors regular

Is that site a joke? If not, then those people need to be beaten.

Not that the beating would reverse the religious programming. I'm glad I was raised to think for myself.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:35 PM   #6
latergator116
macrumors 68000

jeez... guys the "e" in "eMac" stands for evolution and is realted to emacs which is a communist program.

What a crazy looney
Old Jan 7, 2004, 09:49 PM   #7
me_94501
macrumors 65816

I saw that posted on the XvsXP forums We had a big freaking debate over the authenticity of that site.

You should read their guestbook!

Last edited by me_94501; Jan 7, 2004 at 09:53 PM.
me_94501 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:00 PM   #8
mnkeybsness
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to mnkeybsness
i saw that site a long time ago... i never get tired of reading about how stupid people really are.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:00 PM   #9
asphalt-proof
macrumors 6502a

I went to the website and looked around a bit. I swear I thought it was a joke. Nobody is that stupid! The more I looked around the more scared I got. These people are clearly out to lunch. Very fixated on possible demons roaming around. I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but that kind of worldview is scary.
asphalt-proof is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:04 PM   #10
latergator116
macrumors 68000

Did you see their new proposal for the american flag??
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:12 PM   #11
asphalt-proof
macrumors 6502a

I read some more of the website and I am convinced that it is a hoax. Its just too far out there. Some group has gone to a lot of trouble to make this look real. I got some great laughs out of it.
asphalt-proof is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:34 PM   #12
me_94501
macrumors 65816

Something about that site made me think of The Onion
me_94501 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:40 PM   #13
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
yeah, i'm pretty sure this site is a joke. i came across it a long time ago, minus several addendums. Despite the "landover baptist shutdown", i think it's an unrelated group, i know landover's sense of humor and this is a little too dry for them.

paul
rainman::|:| is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:19 PM   #14
scem0
macrumors 604

I always wondered if I was the only one who thought this way.....

scem0
scem0 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:30 PM   #15
jefhatfield
Retired

i have seen all types of religious websites, and this is not anything that represents the majority of any major religion and it's ironic that they consider apple a satanic, darwinistic, goldless cult when it is more likely it is them that are the cult

that cult's flag redesign for america is not something that could help our country or further the cause of religion in america...it shows a brainwashed group which seems willing to believe anything their founder is willing to dish out...i wonder how many other things this group wants to change about america

but...he he... apple does in fact have many zealous users because it's not hard to figure out that macs are clearly better for the average user and has been designed to be user friendly from the start...but sometimes that enthusiasm that some mac users have makes them blind to good pc products or software that hits the shelves and sometimes certain facts about apple inc and the business around it is not seen with a critical eye or realistic point of view

i remember back when ibm was a bad name in the mac community and motorola was the great savior...being in the techie business and grad student in computer engineering, i knew the g3 chip was made by ibm and time and time again i would run into hardcore mac users who claim that ibm had/has nothing to do with the g3

i remember the hurtful time when microsoft invested 150 million into apple inc (i admit i was shocked) and i ran into many mac users who said that there was nothing financially wrong with apple in the mid to late 90s and that the truce between apple and microsoft was nothing but a bad move, etc...

i live within the vicinity of much of the high tech world living just south of much of silicon valley, and the mac techs and IT people i know should know better than being such mac zealots that they cannot or will not see the truth if it is sometimes not flattering to apple or steve jobs...i can see how a cult group who knows nothing/very little about macintosh can see a few mac zealots and determine that we all belong to some kind of cult
jefhatfield is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:39 PM   #16
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Powerbook G5 Send a message via Yahoo to Powerbook G5
Doesn't this kind of thread get re-created every couple of months? I know I have seen this exact article in a thread twice before on here. It's funny, but definitely the product of stubborn ignorant people.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:40 PM   #17
DVW86
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to DVW86
Our church just bought a (satan)Powerbook. I guess we're all going to hell now.
DVW86 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:45 PM   #18
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

I've come close to convincing my dad to get an iMac for his church office. Right now, I've offered to give him my G3 PowerBook, so he may finally get to see what a laptop is like, not to mention see what Apple is like since he's been hearing from me every now and then about how great Macs are. I figured a laptop would make it easy for him to take his sermons and lesson plans with him when he is between the office, hospital visits, and at home, and a 400 MHz G3 running OS 9 has been great for me for the past few years of college, so it should work fine for him for as well. I guess that makes me an agent of the devil since I am trying to "corrupt" a minister to convert to the devil's plaything.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:47 PM   #19
Durandal7
macrumors 68040

The "4Kidz" section is hilarious. Read the "Ask the creation scientist" bit.

This has been brought up before and there are some serious doubts that this is real. The whole site read like a parody, which it probably is, and it has been brought up that this ministry doesn't actually exist.

Besides, not even real zealots would post things like "The Z in 4Kidz stands for Zealousness" or "Q: My friend Bomby the bombradier beetle can shoot toxic chemicals out of his butt. Why? A:God gave your friend that ability for defense against evil and as a testemant against the false doctrine of evolutionism"

Last edited by Durandal7; Jan 7, 2004 at 11:50 PM.
Durandal7 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:49 PM   #20
Daveman Deluxe
macrumors 68000

Everybody in the youth department at the church I work at uses a Mac. The other youth intern and I use iBooks and the youth pastor uses a PowerBook. Our multimedia department is mostly on Macs too. OHNOS.
Daveman Deluxe is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:39 AM   #21
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

It's all true, guys! I threw out all my Apple products. Then I underwent ritual purification for the sum of each Apple product I have used and each piece of Mac-compatible software I have ever used times the number of years I have used Macs times the square root of 3 (just for good measure). After this was done (and believe you me, it was no easy task to complete an irrational decimal portion of a purification to wrap things up), I had myself purified pi^2 more times to really get the Apple out.

I'm feeling all squeaky clean now. The only reason I'm posting here is because I've seen the light! Oh yes, and evangelists are allowed to go even to Hell (and clearly, a website with 'Mac' in its name must be the epitome of digital Hell) to spread the True Word of the evil of Apple Computer.

Oh wait, they go to Hell because they cheat, deceive, steal, and frequently father illegitimate children to boot.

This site IS, by the by, a hoax. It's so convincing because it never goes out of character. Very well done, if you ask me.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:46 AM   #22
janey
macrumors 603

hehe that is so funny.
i was thinking... Mark Frauenfelder is not a "beatnik writer". Even if he is, his work has been featured in countless magazines and newspapers. You only wish yours was too... when i was reading the switch ad part,...mmmm hilarious :P

janey is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:57 AM   #23
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

Speaking of switch ads, I was just waiting for the guy from Virginia Tech in that video they showed at the keynote to do the whole "We are Virginia Tech and we are switchers" too bad that campaign is over. I bet the forces of evil could come up with a good video as well, "I am tired of condemning 1000's of souls to eternal suffering and suddenly having my appointment program freeze up on me. I just need a computer that works so I can move down the list and keep an efficient work flow. I'm the Prince of Darkness and I'm a switcher".
Old Jan 8, 2004, 01:08 AM   #24
manitoubalck
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Doesn't this kind of thread get re-created every couple of months? I know I have seen this exact article in a thread twice before on here. It's funny, but definitely the product of stubborn ignorant people.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen one very similar before
manitoubalck is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 01:10 AM   #25
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

I've seen a page like this but directed towards Microsoft, as well. Perhaps a new holy war will break out between the two "religions".

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community