Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redrory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
I have found a seller, to sell a 8GB first generation Iphone for $330.

I am NOT able to buy a 3g as I DONT WANT A CONTRACT.
I don't mind that's it not 3g, only price alone I wasnt very sure of?

I cant get into marketplace to check out the prices on MacRumors

Thanks guys..

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Personally I don't think that is a good price since you can get a 16GB 3G with a contract for less money even after you add in the taxes.

I don't see what the big deal is about the contracts. You need to have some sort of service in order to use the thing anyway.

AustinSTI

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
I have found a seller, to sell a 8GB first generation Iphone for $330.

I am NOT able to buy a 3g as I DONT WANT A CONTRACT.
I don't mind that's it not 3g, only price alone I wasnt very sure of?

I cant get into marketplace to check out the prices on MacRumors

Thanks guys..
Yes its a good price. I've sold 2 unlocked/jailbroken phones on ebay for $400+

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Personally I don't think that is a good price since you can get a 16GB 3G with a contract for less money even after you add in the taxes.

I don't see what the big deal is about the contracts. You need to have some sort of service in order to use the thing anyway.

bagelche

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Western Mass.
$330 is well within the common range, but, personally speaking, it's still a little high for me. I set a personal cap of $250 and while it took me a little while to find one on craigslist, I did. I ended up getting one with a few scratches and dings for $180, but have since seen others that I am sure are in excellent condition for between $200-250.

I'm not writing to say my deal is better than yours, but that I think less can be had with some creative searching and patience. Again, though, $330 is well within the current range for excellent condition 1st gen iphones.

redrory

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Thanks guys..

I gonna go ahead with it.
It is good condition, as with a case and holster
Maybe even get him down to $300.00 :D

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles

you have so much more bargaining on your side if you ever need it without a contract....

i have had AT&T try to screw me over on certain things or not want to exchange things and so forth before like 4 years ago.... and trust me ... not being on contract is the best thing....

i was like you know what forget it ... go ahead and cancel my plan.... and wouldnt you know they fold right onto your lap... make them your pet not the other way around. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.