Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joebeeson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
hey people..

wondering if anyone else has come across anything like this on there iphone..

it is the 2g iphone..

basically a strip, 2pixels deep, all the way across the iphone. it varys from day to day! which is really strange.. it has a mind of its own this weird strip..

any help???

cheers

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
whoa. that's a new one. is it on every screen, every app? have you rebooted lately? restored?

ANDYMILLMAN

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
yeah i have the same probelm with my old 1st gen phone, although the lines appeared at the top of my screen....I have a 3g phone now so no biggy, but i checked the other day and the lines were still on my old phone...i think its a loose connection, whether or not ur brave enouh to open up the case is another matter

joebeeson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
yeah ive got the 3g, given this one to my girlfriend..

ha, no im not brave enough to do that!! loose connection for what?? the screen??

think i should send it to apple, try and get it fixed/replaced??

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
think i should send it to apple, try and get it fixed/replaced??

Of all the QC issues people are getting exchanges for (dust, light leaks, tiny cracks, etc), yours is the most worthy of replacement I've seen. Definitely take it back.

joebeeson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
i am quite annoyed at myself tho..

i did the needle trick to make my speaker louder a good 6months ago, having faith in an apple product not breaking on me!! then this happens..

so i am unsure what to do.. send it back and hope they dont discover it??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.