Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:37 PM   #1
scott74
macrumors newbie

Help Dial Pad not working after Jailbreak

I just jailbroke the 3g iphone with 2.0.1 and installed customize an a few other things and now when I click on phone it does not say recent or favorites or anything at the bottom, cannot dial on the keypad and after about 5 seconds it goes back to the home screen. Does anyone have a fix for this.

[IMG][/IMG]
scott74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:41 PM   #2
xsecretfiles
macrumors 6502

same

I just realized my isn't working at all

I don't know since when exactly. I haven't made many calls

If I bring the phone app, it just crashes completely. I can answer calls, but the screen will go away, but I can still hear audio.

I can dial by going through my contact ap.

I will probably just restore when I get home
xsecretfiles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 04:17 PM   #3
LoMonkey
macrumors regular

I had the same problem, but fixed it without restoring!

I had this same exact problem and I was freaking out thinking I was going to have to restore again. Turns out, one of the packages I had installed through Installer 4 was the culprit. For me, it was Kate. Once I uninstalled Kate, it worked great! So try uninstalling the last couple of apps you installed before you noticed it wasn't working. Hope this helped!
LoMonkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2008, 05:36 PM   #4
scott74
macrumors newbie

awesome, thanks, I already restored so I guess I will rejailbreak now.
scott74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:50 PM   #5
HouseofG
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMonkey View Post
I had this same exact problem and I was freaking out thinking I was going to have to restore again. Turns out, one of the packages I had installed through Installer 4 was the culprit. For me, it was Kate. Once I uninstalled Kate, it worked great! So try uninstalling the last couple of apps you installed before you noticed it wasn't working. Hope this helped!
You rock, LoMonkey. That was my issue as well. May still have to restore though, because uninstalling Kate also deleted Cydia, Installer and BigBoss Prefs (or at least the icons) from my phone!? And all the Poof hidden icons are back (which is what makes me think, Cydia, etc. may still be around but lost the musical chairs game when all poofed apps came back).
HouseofG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:57 PM   #6
nerdess
macrumors newbie

Wink

This was VERY helpful! I had this happen a couple of weeks ago (seemed to have happened when my battery died mid-doing-something...) I restored and all was well... but last night I was messing around with installed and cydia... installed Kate among other things... and this am - couldn't dial (except via contacs)

I removed kate as suggested and all is right in my world again!
nerdess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:12 PM   #7
ignus graius
macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me--Kate was the culprit as well.
ignus graius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 11:20 PM   #8
jcde7ago
macrumors 6502

Stay away from Installer and anything from RiPDev. That's the best advice I can give you guys .
jcde7ago is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 07:50 AM   #9
TheBold
macrumors member

In addition to what you guys have said, the Winterboard will cause the same in some cases.
TheBold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 09:21 AM   #10
jcde7ago
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBold View Post
In addition to what you guys have said, the Winterboard will cause the same in some cases.
This is the first i have heard of it. Winterboard doesn't touch anything but theming image files using MobileSubstrate. I can assure you your case is an anomaly, as after visiting about 7-8 iPhone hacking forums regularly, i have never once heard of WinterBoard causing the phone app/dialpad not to work. If this is happening to you, something else is the culprit....i've been jailbroken for a longgg time and have never had any issues with anything that Saurik (developer of Cydia and God of the jb world) has created.
jcde7ago is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:35 PM   #11
godfather5800
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
This is the first i have heard of it. Winterboard doesn't touch anything but theming image files using MobileSubstrate. I can assure you your case is an anomaly, as after visiting about 7-8 iPhone hacking forums regularly, i have never once heard of WinterBoard causing the phone app/dialpad not to work. If this is happening to you, something else is the culprit....i've been jailbroken for a longgg time and have never had any issues with anything that Saurik (developer of Cydia and God of the jb world) has created.
The same thing happened to me the first two times I installed Winterboard, but the third time around it worked fine. I wish I knew what changed between time #2 and time #3.
godfather5800 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:40 AM   #12
CR0907
macrumors newbie

Dial screen not working

My dial screen and calculator got 3x smaller when I accidentally exited Cydia during essential updates. There were like 20 updates so I don't really remember exactly what was updated. If I just reinstall everything one by one would that fix the issue or what should I do? Thanks
CR0907 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks