Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ace2600

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Austin, Texas
Hi,

So my app finally went through iTunes connect with status In Review. Most of my issues I had were with a space in my product name. So, App Name instead of AppName. Here are some issues I had:

To set the app name:
Select the app under Targets and click Info. Go to Build panel. Set Product Name under Packaging section to App Name. You will need to do this for each Configuration (top left, like Distribution or Ad Hoc Distribution).

Change the bundle identifier:
View Info.plist under Resources.
If your app does not have a space, it should be something like 12CVW34DBL.${PRODUCT_NAME} where 12CVW34DBL is your Application ID and ${PRODUCT_NAME} is a macro which will take your Product Name set in the section above.
If your app does have a space, it should be something like 12CVW34DBL.AppName. Why? Because using ${PRODUCT_NAME} would replace the space with an underscore in your build and cause this error: "The binary you uploadad was invalid. The bundle identifier contains disallowed characters. (See the Uniform Type Identifiers Overview documentation on the ADC web site.)"

Rename your zip file:
Once you build your project, you will have a file named "App Name.app" (without quotes). Compressing it will create "App Name.app.zip". Apple will reject that file because it has a space. Rename ONLY the zip file to "AppName.app.zip". Do NOT rename "App Name.app" to "AppName.app" then zip it. This will cause the error: ""The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate"

I hope this helps. Feel free to add any other issues you had or corrections.

hac

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks ace2600. The tip about renaming the zip file and not the application itself saved me a lot of time on this problem. I suppose renaming the application bundle must break the signature, just like changing any other file in the app does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.