Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:17 AM   #1
MacSKY
macrumors member

Is iPhone Capable Of 2 Lines?

With all of the features many of us are clamoring for, is it possible for the iPhone to handle two phone lines to one phone? Meaning two separate phone numbers from AT&T coming into one iPhone? I realize that in it's current state it can't, but with a software upgrade is it possible or would this require a different configuration within the radio itself? I carry two phones (1 FLIP, 1 iPHONE 3G) with AT&T because I have two lines with different area codes and I thought it would be great to consolidate them into one phone. I have searched all over the net and Apple's site but don't really see anything about this.
MacSKY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 01:34 AM   #2
addipar23
macrumors member

Just use call forwarding to forward your flip phone to your iphone. I have a blackberry for work and my iphone for personal use. When I'm at work, I forward my iphone to my BB, and when I'm not at work but expecting a "work" call, I forward my BB to my iphone. It works perfectly.
addipar23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:43 PM   #3
kas23
macrumors 603

I don't think it is possible. In fact, there is currently an iPhone app that is being held hostage inside the App Store approval process:

Quote:
Newber by FreedomVoice Systems is an application that adds a second business line to your iPhone, enabling you to redirect incoming calls to any phone using built-in GPS technology. Newber was submitted to the App store on October 2, 2008 and to date has not received a response from Apple.
http://www.petitiononline.com/devapp/petition.html
kas23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:56 PM   #4
Michael CM1
macrumors 601

I don't know if it's available in the iPhone firmware, but I know the technology is possible b/c my Razr had settings for up to 4 numbers. I have no idea how it works, but it would be a neat feature.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:34 PM   #5
amyatomicstudio
macrumors newbie

Smile 2 lines on the iphone

http://www.secondvoice.com

so yes... the phone is totally capable, check out this site if you are looking to get the dual sim feature with no cost...or little cost at that... thanks!
amyatomicstudio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2009, 05:37 AM   #6
DuckSoup
macrumors 6502a

deleted
Old May 24, 2010, 07:41 PM   #7
petersisson
macrumors newbie

Line2 app provides full second line with WiFi or Cell Calling

The app Line2 solves the two line problem with a second line with its own voicemail, caller id, and lots of features including call waiting, conferencing, and caller id based caller screening. This app is the top selling second line app in the app store and was reviewed favorably by New York Time's pundit David Pogue here.
petersisson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone