Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FuuFuu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Roselle
i apologize in advance if this topic has come up, if it has please post the link.

i'm aware that the macbook can be connected to the apple cinema displays except the 30 inch one. i'm not sure the reason which is why i'm asking this quesiton.

even though it cannot connect to the 30 inch apple cinema display, can it connect to a 30 inch display from another company?

thank you :)

FuuFuu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Roselle
It depends on the resolution of the display and whether it requires Dual-Link DVI, which the MacBook does not output.

TEG

would you say its highly unlikely for a macbook to be able to display on a 30 inch?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
It is unlikely, but you can technically use a 64" HDTV, because of the resolution. So long as display doesn't require Dual-Link DVI you should be fine.

TEG

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
If it can connect to a display using either standard DVI or VGA, it will work. The resolution may not by the screen's native one, but it will output something. You could output to a 75" television if you wanted to, but you wouldn't be getting super resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.