Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applecupcakes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
ON, Canada
Alright, so I'm new to my iPod touch (and Apple products in general). The Touch runs something like a computer would, so does it act like a computer in that each time you open/close an application there are residual files that remain open, that canwind up slowing it down? I don't know much about this, if it even applies to Mac computers/OSX, but I have been told this can happen in Windows. I would think something like this could happen to the iPod touch because there aren't any system tools for disk cleanup/etc (I'm still on Windows terminology, bear with me here, I don't even know if you have to do things like that on a mac).

Any input on keeping my iPod Touch running fresh and smooth? Thanks!

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I haven't noticed any slow ups or anything, if you really want to keep the memory clear, then the only real thing that you could do is clear recent searches an history in apps that have search history (Maps, YouTube, and Safari mainly). But otherwise I haven't noticed any problems like this and there aren't all that many things you can do to keep memory clear.

Big Willie

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
I believe that holding down the home button until the app closes will release it totally from the memory, but I'm no expert so hopefully some will chime in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.