Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luke15rl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
I recently purchased both the Airport Express 802.11g and the AftertheMac USB Wireless Adapter on Ebay. The adapter came with an installation disk and has its setup has been completed. The Airport Express did not come with an installation disk, but I was able to find instructions for how to create and initiate a network connection at the following address: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=934. I followed a link from another page to instructions for restoring the base station to factory default. After restoring the base station, I was finally able to get Airport Utility to recognize it as a wireless device and began following the instructions I found at the above link. Everything flowed smoothly until I came to the final step where it was supposed to update and restart the device. At this point it stated that there was an error and, while the network created had been saved, it no longer could locate the wireless device and therefore could not connect. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the USB adapter not being set up correctly. It shows that it is connected in the Network monitor, and I created a profile for it in the Wireless Utility program it seems to run with, but so far I have never been able to get a connection. My brother, who owns a PC, has been getting service since I restored the base station to factory default. Can anyone help me diagnose and address this problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.