Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

endgameuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Hi

I have installed C&C3 on my Mac Pro (early 2008) and its running really slow, does any one know what the best settings are to play the game at a decent speed with decent visuals?

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
My settings are max (1680x1050, eye candy settings, etc.) and I don't experience slowness. Do you have the latest update?

endgameuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Cheers for getting back

ive got the latest up dates for both the mac and C&C. im running 3ghz with nvida 8800 and 6gb ram when i set to high or medium settings just runs really slowly

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Your 8800GT is probably the bottleneck! Try running at lower settings and make sure you don't have AA and AF turned on too high.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
So are you playing the Mac version? If so, it will always be a lot slower than on Windows due to it being just a Cider port. Basically the game runs on an emulator.

Cuyahoga

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
Hmm...well I have an 8800GT and *everything* I play is slow/unplayable. I'm pretty sure I installed the graphics update. Is there something else we could be missing?? Thanks.

PBGPowerbook

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
hm, I just got C&C 3 and I play it on a MBP, most settings medium to high. It runs absolutely perfectly, superfast loading and no lagging, etc...

I'd say turn the settings all the way down, then adjust up until it becomes hard to play. With a mac pro it seems you shouldnt have these issues?

tecknical

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2008
hm, I just got C&C 3 and I play it on a MBP, most settings medium to high. It runs absolutely perfectly, superfast loading and no lagging, etc...

I'd say turn the settings all the way down, then adjust up until it becomes hard to play. With a mac pro it seems you shouldnt have these issues?

mine only slows down when there's heavy smoke effects

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.