Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 8, 2004, 01:24 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple's Unlikely Guardian Angel (Microsoft)

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Apple's Unlikely Guardian Angel (Microsoft)

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 03:24 PM   #2
mrsebastian
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mrsebastian
i don't buy it. if anyone was apples saving grace during the dark times, then i'd think it's adobe. seems to me for a while it was the artist community who kept apple alive and quite frankly didn't a [bleep] about m$ or office. adobe, macromedia, and a few others stuck with it, because that's what their customers are working on.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 03:30 PM   #3
ShadowHunter
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to ShadowHunter
Unfortunately this is true. At one point, MS just needed Apple to keep the monopoly folks off their back (it didnt help much, obviously), so they keep supporting them.

Microsoft is huge, its nothing for them to throw a few bones Apple's way so they can go "see, see we support the little guy. we're not a big evil empire."

"Macs aren't perfect, but they sure look that way next to a PC" - solvs

Join MacRumors.com - Team Folding, and be a part of the #1 Mac Folding team!
ShadowHunter is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 07:51 PM   #4
applemacdude
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to applemacdude Send a message via AIM to applemacdude Send a message via MSN to applemacdude Send a message via Yahoo to applemacdude Send a message via Skype™ to applemacdude
Without Microsoft and Adobe, Apple would have gone out of business years ago. If Microsoft would have canceled their Office suite during 1997 Apple would have been a thing of the past and all these revloutionary products that have come out during the years would have not existed...
applemacdude is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2004, 08:53 PM   #5
Bunzi2k4
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Bunzi2k4
if M$ didn't make office for the mac, Apple would have made their own office compatable program. it would be just like office, with an apple touch. but that's just me.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 08:59 PM   #6
applemacdude
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to applemacdude Send a message via AIM to applemacdude Send a message via MSN to applemacdude Send a message via Yahoo to applemacdude Send a message via Skype™ to applemacdude
But if an average consumer doesnt see office available on a computer then they wont switch..
applemacdude is offline   0
Old Jan 9, 2004, 10:27 AM   #7
1macker1
Banned

The truth shall set you free!!!
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Jan 9, 2004, 10:28 AM   #8
1macker1
Banned

appleworks?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunzi2k4
if M$ didn't make office for the mac, Apple would have made their own office compatable program. it would be just like office, with an apple touch. but that's just me.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Jan 9, 2004, 10:45 AM   #9
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunzi2k4
Maybe, but no one would want it. Like it or not MS Office is a global standard. The Mac needs MS Office.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion