Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRyann

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
London
Hey, I'm new to this forum and was just wondering if there's a way to lock the screen when listening to music for example.
There's probably an easy way to do it. I'm on my girlfriends Touch.
Any help would be apprieciated.
Thanks in advance.:)

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Well, if you are listing to music, and the screen shuts off, you can tap the home button twice and have song control buttons appear right on the unlock screen.

I use this all the time. Not quite sure if this is what you were asking though.

iRyann

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
London
Well, if you are listing to music, and the screen shuts off, you can tap the home button twice and have song control buttons appear right on the unlock screen.

I use this all the time. Not quite sure if this is what you were asking though.

it's not really but thanks. What I meant was does the Touch have a lock function like the nano for example? I will be using your example though. Thanks :)

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Ok.

There is an option under General in Settings that allows you to have a Passcode lock. Set a password and then you need to enter it just like the other iPod's.

iRyann

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
London
Ok.

There is an option under General in Settings that allows you to have a Passcode lock. Set a password and then you need to enter it just like the other iPod's.

That's what I was looking for! Brilliant, thank you very much Xavier for your speedy responce and excelent answers. If I can + rep you I will.
Thanks again.

ib4walrus

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
US
If you don't need the pass lock, you can just press the button that's on the top left of the Touch and that will turn the screen off and lock it while you are listening to music or just want to turn it off for some time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.