Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:09 AM   #1
iphonics
macrumors member

ROGERS email settings

I cant seem to activate my Rogers.com email..... i had it working before with 2.0
then i upgraded to 2.0.1 Jailbroken.... and now i cant activate my rogers... anyone have the exact IMAP and SMTP server names that i have to use??? or is it a FW issue??? please help!
iphonics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Nukey
macrumors member

If you want to use POP email then:
pop.broadband.rogers.com
smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Using IMAP is way better, though. You maintain your folder structure and don't have to sift through all of the junk mail that ends up in your inbox folder.

To use IMAP click on Yahoo Mail (instead of other) and type in your rogers email and password. Since our email service is "Rogers Yahoo!" it will work just fine and give you IMAP access.
Nukey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:32 AM   #3
OttawaBob
macrumors newbie

This Worked for Me...

Regarding this Sender Name not Valid issue with Rogers email on the Iphone, I found a solution which worked for me.

In the SMTP Settings for POP.broadband.rogers.com, I went to the SMTP: SMTP.broadband.rogers.com page settings page. From there I went to the Primary Server (SMTP.broadband.rogers.com) settings page.

On this page it has that the User Name and Password could be optional. I had initially left this information blank. However, after inputting my user name and password, and saving the configuration, I am now able to successfully send email.

Hopefully this "fix" may work for some of you who use Rogers email on their IPhones.

Bob
OttawaBob is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting