Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wok

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Looks like The Blimp Pilots (my favorite dev name so far, hah) just posted a demo video of Koi Pond 2.0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inf0DmNDq4

Lots of great new features showcased in the vid (including better brightness/contrast and the ability to feed the koi) and sounds like the update should be in the store soon.

[ via 148Apps ]

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
nice

its so calm and relaxing.
its a big diversion from the business centric theme that apple's trying to put on the iphone as of 2.0.
it would be great for business users, but i think that companies restrict the app store on their corporate phones.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Looks nice, I may have to get 2.0. Though, I hope the lily pad shadows will hit the fish too, not just the the ground. Hard to tell from the video, besides the color of the fish, do they vary in size?

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
I love this app. I find myself playing with it for long periods of time. The application looks and sounds terrific and is very well done. One of the best dollars I spent on the app store.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

2.0 is in the app store. I just downloaded it.

glanv

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2008
Hello all

What is this app exactly? Seen quite a bit of hype around it. Is it worth getting?

Cheers!

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Hello all

What is this app exactly? Seen quite a bit of hype around it. Is it worth getting?

Cheers!

Mine's installing. Seems just to be a virtual koi pond as in the title of the app. Just something to play with by touching the water with cool graphics. 2.0 seems to address a lot of request, like feeding the fish, brighter graphics, refracting fish, etc. But I don't think there is any long term gameplay, like virtual pets or something.

Since it's only a dollar, it should be a fun tech demo for the iPhone. And hopefully soothing to play with like a zen rock garden.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Do the fish seem jagged and/or lower quality in 2.0 than they were in 1.0?

I noticed they looked sort of jagged or pixelated, but I never had 1.0. So I figured that's how it always was. Unless the developer made that sacrifice in order to refract the fish.

frozentoast

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
I noticed they looked sort of jagged or pixelated, but I never had 1.0. So I figured that's how it always was. Unless the developer made that sacrifice in order to refract the fish.
I did think it might be an intentional move to avoid lags. Here's a screenshot of the new Koi Pond 2.0. As you can see the fish aren't as crisp as they once were...

Attachments

• koi2.png
    koi2.png
    205 KB · Views: 146

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
Funny timing....I just bought it too. I figured for .99cents there was nothing to loose. I'm sure my kids will get a kick out of it.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Keep the food from the fish

Still showing as version 1 here in the UK... :(

Yea its saying 1.0 but it just downloaded it, and it is 2.0.

A great little game to play chuck load of food it like 10 bits, then keep scaring the fish away as soon as they get close..hours of fun :D

mattjb

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Plant City, FL
It's a great app to show the old folks, it never fails to impress them. They don't do the games, email, web browser thing; not impressive for them. Koi Pond, however, hits home to them how awesome the iPhone is.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I love Koi Pond.

Easily the best dollar I've spent on the app store. It's a great way to just play with the iPhone's features in a nice relaxing way.

Plus, now that you can make the fish nibble your finger it's even better than it was before!

It makes me smile for about 1 minute a day. That's 365 smiles a year for just $1. That's a far better value than most other things in this world.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
I love Koi Pond.

Easily the best dollar I've spent on the app store. It's a great way to just play with the iPhone's features in a nice relaxing way.

Plus, now that you can make the fish nibble your finger it's even better than it was before!

It makes me smile for about 1 minute a day. That's 365 smiles a year for just $1. That's a far better value than most other things in this world.

That a great positive way of looking at it. I feel the same way.

I also want them to do a goldfish or "beta" fish or "clown" fish version next as the colors of those fish can be quite vibrant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.