Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btnnaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
I have 2.1 and it now switches flawlessly between edge and 3g and the signal strength is so much better. Places where I used to have 2-3 bars of 3g i now have full.

One big problem with the beta is when you are using GPS (which by the way is more accurate now) sometimes when using it it will randomly stop drop all signal and just stop for 5-10 seconds. And it's only when using GPS

btnnaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
this is very, very good news

how is 2.1 in the way of stability fixes?

Things Run Much More SMOOTHLY!!! except for GPS dropping signal which should be fixed before final release.

RELEASE NOTES:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 922
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 534
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 469
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 470

vandozza

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2006
Australia
can you put your iphone into field test mode, and report if you phone is actually receiving better reception, in -db values?
or has apple just "tweaked" the number of bars displayed?
(ie. what used to be 1 bar is now 3, 2=4, 3=5 etc.)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Good stuff! I know you'll probably get a million requests...any chance you could try to post from the phone here, but not using the mobile version of macrumors? Whenever I try to do it, the screen jumps all over the place with each keystroke, and then more often than not, Safari crashes.

Also wondering if you can scroll inside the text box while creating a post. I can't remember if it was possible with 1.x, but it's definitely not working now, even with 2 fingers.

Hope I'm not threadjacking too much.

btnnaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
can you put your iphone into field test mode, and report if you phone is actually receiving better reception, in -db values?
or has apple just "tweaked" the number of bars displayed?
(ie. what used to be 1 bar is now 3, 2=4, 3=5 etc.)

I am getting -93 with this phone and my bro has a 3g with 2.0.1 and he get's -81

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
btnnaz - thank you for posting this info. Something to look forward to.

Hopefully it'll also reduce the long backups and apps not working issues some have had as well.

gtext

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
Has the issue of the screen suddenly brightening up been fixed in this update?

I'll explain further. I think it maybe to do with the auto brightness option.

I can be using the iPhone inside (so no change in lightning conditions) when suddenly for no reason the screen will brighten up by itself. Going sleep/wake up fixes it until next time.

Others seem to be having the same problem too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.