Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Jan 10, 2004, 12:20 AM   #1
Doctor Q
Administrator

Happy Anniversary ibookin' and übergeek!

January 10, 2004 is the one-year anniversary of our favorite MacRumors couple.

Happy First Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek!

Last edited by Doctor Q; Jan 10, 2004 at 12:25 AM.
Doctor Q is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 12:26 AM   #2
ibookin'
macrumors 65816

You shouldn't have. Your really shouldn't have.

Just kidding. Thanks for posting this thread. Glad to see someone remembered (besides Jane and myself, of course).
ibookin' is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 12:42 AM   #3
janey
macrumors 603

thanks
didnt even know you knew about it

janey is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 01:02 AM   #4
scem0
macrumors 604

congrats!

Y'all gunna do anything to celebrate?

scem0
scem0 is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 02:17 AM   #5
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

wow...happy anniversay then...
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:10 AM   #6
manitoubalck
Banned

notch one up on thechalk board

Well doen hope, all is well.
manitoubalck is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 10:58 AM   #7
applemacdude
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to applemacdude Send a message via AIM to applemacdude Send a message via MSN to applemacdude Send a message via Yahoo to applemacdude Send a message via Skype™ to applemacdude
Congratulations...Most couples seem as if the cant even pass the 2 months barrier, im glad to hear that yours is doing so good...

I think their celebration is gonna be special...
applemacdude is offline   0
Old Jan 10, 2004, 12:09 PM   #8
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

yes, indeed, happy anniversary!
Old Jan 10, 2004, 12:13 PM   #9
wdlove
macrumors 604

Happy First Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek, may you have many more. I wish you all the best. My prayer is that you parents have become more accepting of your relationship. I'm sure that they only want what is best. Hopefully you will have a long lasting relationship like me. As a professor of ministry said, "it's best to hold off on the intimate physical realtionship, the anticipation of waiting till marriage is what will bring true love for a long happy marriage." The pastor that I work for just told me this on Wednesday.

You really have a great memory Doctor Q.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 07:42 PM   #10
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally posted by wdlove
Happy First Anniversary, ibookin' and übergeek, may you have many more. I wish you all the best. My prayer is that you parents have become more accepting of your relationship. I'm sure that they only want what is best. Hopefully you will have a long lasting relationship like me. As a professor of ministry said, "it's best to hold off on the intimate physical realtionship, the anticipation of waiting till marriage is what will bring true love for a long happy marriage." The pastor that I work for just told me this on Wednesday.

You really have a great memory Doctor Q.
you also have a very good memory of the status of their relationship, wdlove.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 07:47 PM   #11
wdlove
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally posted by themadchemist
you also have a very good memory of the status of their relationship, wdlove.
I trully pray that they will come back to read my post. It would even be better if they would except the advice of a knowledgeable professor. The Pastor said she plans to use it in her counseling, thought is was great advice.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 07:55 PM   #12
themadchemist
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I trully pray that they will come back to read my post. It would even be better if they would except the advice of a knowledgeable professor. The Pastor said she plans to use it in her counseling, thought is was great advice.
It is very good advice, I agree, especially for those as young as übergeek and ibookin'.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:31 PM   #13
iJon
macrumors 604

so have you guys kissed or are you two still working on that, oh wait that was the 6 month marker . so what happens at a year?
iJon is offline   0
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:20 AM   #14
ibookin'
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally posted by iJon
so have you guys kissed or are you two still working on that, oh wait that was the 6 month marker . so what happens at a year?
Yes we have.

Anyway, thank you all for the kind sentiments. I especially appreciate the advice of wdlove. While I can't say what will happen in the not-so-far-but-kind-of future, both übergeek and I agree that, because of our age, it is definitely best to hold off on the "intimate physical realtionship".

applemacdude: Absolutely. We went out to dinner. Had soufflé too.
ibookin' is offline   0
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:29 AM   #15
latergator116
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to latergator116
Congratulations! Your relationship is now longer than all of J.Lo's marrigaes combined. Although, thats not saying much.
latergator116 is offline   0
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:36 AM   #16
neoelectronaut
macrumors 68020

Being a relative newbie here at the boards, can someone give me the whole backstory here?

neoelectronaut is offline   0
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:38 AM   #17
sethypoo
macrumors 68000

One yaer: now you know that you've outlasted 90% of all celebrity relationships! Congratulations!

Happy one year.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:42 AM   #18
scem0
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally posted by neoelectronaut
Being a relative newbie here at the boards, can someone give me the whole backstory here?

übergeek (im on a mac finally, I can make ü's again! ) and iBookin hooked up a year ago.

Umm yeah, that's quite a back story, isnt it?

scem0
scem0 is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2004, 01:18 PM   #19
janey
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally posted by neoelectronaut

hmm...alright here's the story. ibookin' (josh) and I (jane) got together after like 6 years of knowing each other, the day we came back from Macworld SF 2003 (which was 10 January 2003). So ever since then...ya know...we've been in a relationship with each other. A little over a year now, which is really cool because a lot of relationships don't last that long. I guess we'll be able to say that we truly love each other or something when we're still together after at least three to four years. If I remember correctly, that's when relationships and marriages start faltering and love for each other lessens, and that stuff. Apparently quite a few marriages end up in divorce (and people break up) at around that time if the two peeps are still together at that point.
My parents just recently (like...on the 10th lol) figured out that we were in a relationship and they don't mind, because all they care about are my grades (decent, 5 As and one B, although they did yell at me for that B). They're actually pretty relieved, because they expected me to be in a relationship with a total jerk that they don't know. They know Josh and trust him, so I don't think they mind.
One thing they don't quite approve of is a relationship at our age, but hell what do you expect from two teens lol. (i'm almost 15 and josh just turned 16)

I am really really glad I'm not in school right now, because people tease me about it really often. Like they call me "Jane Cain" and stuff like that.

For those of you who don't know what we look like (or are too lazy to look it up in the MR photo directory)-a recent pic of us: http://homepage.mac.com/jane_lee/images/citywalk.jpg (josh looks horrid, but oh well lol)
Here's a better one, but its not so recent.
http://homepage.mac.com/jane_lee/images/Picture%201.jpg

As to the "did we kiss" question, yeah we did that a LONG LONG time ago . I guess you could say we're at third base right now (and for those of you who don't know, trust me you don't wanna know). Our relationship's still going strong. Yeah. I think i'm gonna stop ranting. I'm typing this on a PC in one of the computer labs. Stupid piece of ****e is running win2k, but badly. iirc, these computers are at least 5 years old. Gross. I miss having my iBook with me, but there's no wifi here and it's broken.

the souffle was excellent. so was the grilled salmon. so was josh. mmm

Thanks guys i'm still in shock at the fact that people actually *remember* stuff like this.
Thanks to wdlove as well, for his excellent posts. And everyone else too.

Last edited by janey; Jan 13, 2004 at 01:22 PM.
janey is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2004, 01:49 PM   #20
wdlove
macrumors 604

Excellent post übergeek. Happy to hear about your parents. Still remember your thread last summer. I thought that you time, they would approve. All good things work out in time. I just hope that you will take my posts to heart, they are practical advice. All I really want is for you to be happy, a nice long enjoyable life together.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 01:52 PM   #21
janey
macrumors 603

Quote:
Excellent post übergeek. Happy to hear about your parents. Still remember your thread last summer. I thought that you time, they would approve. All good things work out in time. I just hope that you will take my posts to heart, they are practical advice. All I really want is for you to be happy, a nice long enjoyable life together.
thanks

i'm hoping it'll last long too.

even if my parents disapproved they can't say anything anyway...cuz they came to the US to get married because my mom's parents didnt approve of my dad they know if i truly want to get married or something i'll do the same they did...

janey is offline   0
Old Jan 13, 2004, 06:50 PM   #22
Doctor Q
Administrator

I can't count the number of plays, movies, and books I can think of where a major part of the story is that the parents didn't approve of the boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancé/spouse. Romeo & Juliet, West Side Story, Flower Drum Song, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?, Meet the Parents, and on and on.

In the movies, the kids almost always know best and the parents are always wrong. In real life, parents and kids are both taking their best guess, and nobody knows except in hindsight when its really a perfect match.

Just my opinion, but I think a lot of what makes a good couple is having shared experiences, and that the longer you are together, the more shared experiences that produces. Therefore, there is an acceleration effect.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 07:19 PM   #23
latergator116
macrumors 68000

Quote:
because all they care about are my grades (decent, 5 As and one B, although they did yell at me for that B).
Wow! Nice grades. I think I have lowered my standards a bit. I got two B's two C's and a D, but I got an A in gym! Actually....no, that was an A-.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 08:03 PM   #24
Doctor Q
Administrator

I've had As, Bs, and Cs over the years. My favorite report card was one semester in elementary school, when I got 15 As and a C. The C was in handwriting, and I haven't improved in this area since then.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 09:02 PM   #25
latergator116
macrumors 68000

Yeah, there are some people that have bad hand writing....myself inlcuded. The only D I got though was in Latin, so I have an excuse for getting a bad grade.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community