Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squeakyclutch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Westwood, CA
Hey Guys,

Had my 8gb iPhone 3G for several weeks now, and I haven't had any problems at all.

Recently I've encountered a problem with the iPhone not waking up from standby. Usually, after standby, I either click the homescreen or power button to wake it up, but recently my phone does not wake up. When I plug the power cord, the screen blinks a couple of times but the phone wakes up.

Anyone else having this problem? I have no idea how to reproduce this problem for my bff's at the apple store....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Stating the obvious, but if nothing else you've done so far has fixed it, you might as well restore it via iTunes (sync it first, so that once you restore it, you can also restore your SMS, notes, etc, via the backup restore) and see if that resolves the issue. I mean, I personally would go that route first, especially since the problem, as you say, is intermittent and may not happen when you're at the Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.