Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:11 PM   #1
pscoble
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to pscoble Send a message via Skype™ to pscoble
Exclamation iPhone will not turn on past Apple logo!

Today as I was about to install an app my iPhone froze so I figured I would just reset it using the hold button and the home button like I usually do and I didn't think much of it. I looked at it saw the silver Apple logo and placed it back down on my desk and continued to work on my iMac. After about 20 minutes I looked back down on it and saw that the silver start logo was still there. A little surprised I just reset it again and it happened again. This has continued to do so for the past few hours.

What should I do now? Has anyone had this issue before? Thanks for all of our help in advance!

PS: My iPhone isn't jail broken if that might have been an issue here.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:16 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Just connect it to the computer, iTunes should knock some sense into it.

TEG
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:18 PM   #3
pscoble
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEG View Post
Just connect it to the computer, iTunes should knock some sense into it.

TEG
Unfortunately, I also tried that solution it just stayed on the dock with the same silver logo on it. This is starting to get annoying. One thing I just noticed when the iPhone is plugged in iTunes beach balls and as soon as it is taken out it stops. The iPhone still will not turn on though.

Last edited by pscoble; Aug 18, 2008 at 05:23 PM.
pscoble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:28 PM   #4
honeytoast
macrumors regular

Welcome to iPhone 2.0! I assume you haven't tried installing/updating apps from the iPhone very much. This is a known problem since firmware version 2.0 (maybe 2.0.2 that was released today will fix it).

To fix (you have to restore, it is the only way to get it back):
1. Hold the home and power button until your screen goes off.
2. Plug the iPhone into the iMac while holding down the home button until you see the icon telling you to connect to iTunes.
3. Your iPhone will show up in iTunes. From there click restore and when the restore process is done choose setup as new iPhone. Do not restore from backup.
honeytoast is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:42 PM   #5
pscoble
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeytoast View Post
Welcome to iPhone 2.0! I assume you haven't tried installing/updating apps from the iPhone very much. This is a known problem since firmware version 2.0 (maybe 2.0.2 that was released today will fix it).

To fix (you have to restore, it is the only way to get it back):
1. Hold the home and power button until your screen goes off.
2. Plug the iPhone into the iMac while holding down the home button until you see the icon telling you to connect to iTunes.
3. Your iPhone will show up in iTunes. From there click restore and when the restore process is done choose setup as new iPhone. Do not restore from backup.
Hehe thanks a bunch that worked. Actually I have installed a ton of apps, and got this iPhone and my previous 1st gen iPhone on the launch day. However, unlike a lot of people I haven't had any issues except for this that I've needed to troubleshoot with it I was unaware of this issue. Thanks for your help again!

Last edited by pscoble; Aug 18, 2008 at 06:03 PM.
pscoble is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting