Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Hello,

I would like to modify my iphone's caller ID plist and add my country code into it, I have done this with Open SSH, I was wondering, is there anyway to do this without having a jailbroken iPhone?

thanks

g-7

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2006
Poland
I would like to modify my iphone's caller ID plist and add my country code into it, I have done this with Open SSH, I was wondering, is there anyway to do this without having a jailbroken iPhone

No. That's exactly what jailbreaking is about: to give you the full access to the iPhone's root partition. If you want to mess with the system files (using SSH) on your iPhone, you have to jailbreak it. Without jailbreaking you may only have access to the user files.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
No. That's exactly what jailbreaking is about: to give you the full access to the iPhone's root partition. If you want to mess with the system files (using SSH) on your iPhone, you have to jailbreak it. Without jailbreaking you may only have access to the user files.

good to know, thanks g-7!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.