Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FJR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure that the "x function is snappier" effect is just a nice side effect of doing a full restore each time you update the iPhone. It has nothing to do with any "fixes".

FJR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
this is ground breaking info.

I realize that, but I searched for a full thread about this and didn't see it. I think a lot of people don't get the sarcasm when people who realize this post "safari is snappier" and haven't read about this effect in the various update threads (because those threads are 5 pages long within the first hour of the update dropping). I'd be willing to be that at least 75% of the readers of this site actually think there was some sort of bug fix that corrected the contacts or SMS lag after they updated.

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
i think the mods should take the word "snappy" and "snappier" and replace them with terms like "i'm a douche" or something to that effect. i am sick of that word!

Wow. Well then. My safari seems so much "douchier" since the update. I love how my iPhone just "douches" through web pages. I couldn't have asked for anything "douchier". Now where did I put that damn "douchey" iPhone. :D

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I am thinking of writing an iPhone app and selling it for $1.99 on the app store. It would be called "Make it Snappy!" and it would claim to remove all lags and make the phone more responsive. In actuality, it would just be a single-click phone reboot.

:D

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Well, after installing 2.0.2 and using it for a bit I wanted to check whether it was any [I'm a douche]ier than before. So I fired up my old iPod Touch, which is running 1.1.4, and held the iPhone in my left hand and the Touch in my right. I then clicked my way around both devices simultaneously.

Unsurprisingly, the iPhone 3G w/ 2.0.2 is a bit like the iPod Touch's retarded cousin on valium. Slow on the uptake, unresponsive and generally groggy and confused. Always lagging one or two seconds behind. It sleepwalks through all the nifty and smooth transitions and sometimes it skips them entirely. Like when you bring up a heavy webpage in Safari and you switch to landscape mode. The iP3G will then freeze for a while like it's concentrating hard on squeezing out a big fat turd, and then *plop*, 2-3 seconds later the webpage pops into landscape view. The same thing happens when you 'back out' of an application using the home button. The icons are supposed to fly in from all sides and land smoothly in place, but instead the screen just goes black, then the icons appear, already in place.

Apple, for the love of... MAKE IT SNAPPY!

- A douche

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
i think the mods should take the word "snappy" and "snappier" and replace them with terms like "i'm a douche" or something to that effect. i am sick of that word!

Then we'll just have to up the ante....

safariseemssnappier.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.